Handmade Segmented Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cj_cmkwood

Just wanted to show some of my segmented blanks. Hope you enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_2257.jpg
    IMG_2257.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 4,192
  • IMG_2277.jpg
    IMG_2277.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 1,320
  • IMG_2349.jpg
    IMG_2349.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 681
  • IMG_2471.jpg
    IMG_2471.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 998
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Those look great. Turn them so we can see the finished result.. I have been thinking about doing what you have done in the last one I will be interested to see that it turns out like.

jttheclockman

Very nice blanks CJ and thanks for coming over to the segmenting forum. I was wondering if you plan on sharing any of your techniques with us or maybe some insights on the jigs or tools you use to make the beautiful blanks you have shown??? If not it is understood. Like i said in the other forum, no pressures here. Thanks for showing. I too hope you spin a few of these and show us the before and after photos.

Last edited:

cj_cmkwood

Laminated Blank Pens

Thanks much for the replys and compliments. Attached are a couple of photos of pens made from blanks that are similar to the ones in the pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_2492.jpg
    IMG_2492.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 631
  • IMG_2494.jpg
    IMG_2494.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 672

cj_cmkwood

How to Make Laminated Blanks

Actually, the process to make the laminations isn't very difficult, having the right tools makes these blanks possible. Basically for the straight laminations, you glue up strips of wood to form what looks like a cutting board. then depending upon how you cut them, either straight or at an angle gives you the different effects.

islandturner

Thanks much for the replys and compliments. Attached are a couple of photos of pens made from blanks that are similar to the ones in the pictures.

They look great CJ. I'm a bit surprised you made slimlines with them -- these blanks are awesome and would perhaps be 'shown off' more with with higher end kit hardware? Don't get me wrong -- the slimlines look really good.

Top Bottom