gluing corian

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jzerger

I'm getting ready to glue four 1/2" corian strips together to make a 1" square blank (different colors). I've done this before but had a visible seam where glued. I think I read somewhere that it's a matter of gluing the "tops" to "tops", I'm assuming the top is the shinier surface. I can't re-find the explanation now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
john

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Yes. The shiny surface is the top.Sand with the paper on a good flat surface to level it. This should help the line you are talking about. Hope this will help enough. Have fun.

jzerger

Thanks for the help.
I'm a bit confused the more I think about it. Each of the 4 strips I have, have only one "top" surface. When I glue two together, I'll have no more top surface so how do I glue the two pairs together to avoid a seam?

cwolfs69

i have never had a problem with seams when gluing corian. in addition i usually glue the "bottom" surfaces together when doing this. the surfaces are the same except for the polishing done on the top if you sand prior to gluing you no longer have a "top". be sure to clamp tightly when gluing together until completely cured. by the way i use medium CA whe doing this.

Level Any surfaces you choose to join on the sand paper on a flat surface. This to allow the 2 surfaces to site together without gaps. I have read that corian has more of it's decorative material toward the top than the bottom. Keeping more of the decorative material in the finished turning. So I would put together the 4 pieces in pairs as I spoke of. Then sand and put them together with the original seams lined up. Looking forward to hearing your results. Have fun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom