The Gisi Segmenting Method

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

designer

Interesting segmenting and some very good work.

The vids online did not impress me much though to be honest.

Heaven knows how he sells and makes money with the hours of work involved unless he mass produces and then uses each one in short units added to others.

I wish I could do that kind of work myself, but don't want to spend the money till my retirement allows it. That time will arrive exactly at.........

Jim Burr

Banned
I'd be tempted to just sit in my shop and practice until I had something.
Bet that's what they did.

JohnU

Heaven knows how he sells and makes money with the hours of work involved unless he mass produces and then uses each one in short units added to others.
QUOTE]

You would understand if you seen the price he gets for them. lol Here's a link.... Results for Gisi Pens

I think they are very inspiring and a work of art.

Last edited:

Mr Vic

Picked up the DVD at our local Woodcraft. I've viewed the 1st half hour so far and have enjoyed it. Mark works at our local Woodcraft and I've attended his demo. He also teaches a class but my schedule has always been conflicted. Kinda cool signing my credit card slips with his $1k+ pens..

designer

I still think they are interesting and very good work.
@johnu I can see why he charges so much. There is a lot of time and labor in those to say the least. His work is great lets face it.
He certainly has targeted his group of buyers with those and their prices.

firewhatfire

When you look at all of those pens they are truly so unique ones.

If you look close at all of those pens you will see where someone has not noticed something. Whether it happened at the shop before delivery or after at the Penporium.........The caps on 2 pens have been swapped.

Those pens are next to each other in the list. DOES THAT MEAN I SPENT TO MUCH TIME DROOLING OVER THEM:bulgy-eyes::bulgy-eyes:

QUOTE]

You would understand if you seen the price he gets for them. lol Here's a link.... Results for Gisi Pens

I think they are very inspiring and a work of art.

elody21

I just ordered the dvd. Looking forward to seeing it! Thanks Bluesman for the heads up!
Alice

JohnU

When you look at all of those pens they are truly so unique ones.

If you look close at all of those pens you will see where someone has not noticed something. Whether it happened at the shop before delivery or after at the Penporium.........The caps on 2 pens have been swapped.

Those pens are next to each other in the list. DOES THAT MEAN I SPENT TO MUCH TIME DROOLING OVER THEM:bulgy-eyes::bulgy-eyes:

I've been drooling over them for years! When I first started pen turning I made a flash driver of inspiring pen work to look at containing many of theirs and lots of members here. Once in a while I take it out and browse over the work, hoping someday to attempt something half as good as theirs. lol

Mr Vic

Finished the main video last night...Nothing on D*&h Network worth watching. My wife got home about 5 minutes in and actually sat down and watched it with me after zapping me some left over pizza. She is not a wood worker or turner but found it very interesting. Watched the interview with him and his son, along with the extra snippets over coffee this morning. Well worth the money.

Mr Vic

His pens are incredible, the segmenting is amazing!!
But, is he pressing/embossing metal pieces?? How does he do that??

Mark collaborates with his son Brian on a lot of the pens. Brian does a lot of the metal work while Mark goes more to-wards the elaborate segmenting... Great team work...

Rockytime

Hi Mr Vic,
There's a WC in Falcon or are you referring to Centennial? I'd like to meet that guy. I would not mind taking his class.
Les

Russknan

Yup, nice pens. And, should I be the first to say it? Gisi has done well with pen competitions here. No question about skill and talent. And the FIRST ones to jump in and help you out with a problem and with suggestions, are the Gizzis. Thanks, Dudes. When I grow up, I want to be you!

elody21

Finished the main video last night...Nothing on D*&h Network worth watching. My wife got home about 5 minutes in and actually sat down and watched it with me after zapping me some left over pizza. She is not a wood worker or turner but found it very interesting. Watched the interview with him and his son, along with the extra snippets over coffee this morning. Well worth the money.

I guess I did not see that there are extra parts to the dvd. I'll have to look again

I watched the dvd the other night. I feel it needed more info for the cost
I will try some of the techniques. I think a book would have been a better buy.

That being said of course they do amazing work!
Alice

Last edited:

sbwertz

I sat through his demo at AAW. He produced some amazing segmented pens. If the dvd is anything like his demo, it was detailed, well organized, and very informative. Brian was the "demonstrator", but actually, his father was with him, and did most of the demo on segmenting.

Last edited:

sbwertz

Hi Sharon, it was nice to meet you this weekend.

IT was a great weekend. I did finally see Cindy. But it was just before I left so we didn't get a chance to visit. If you hadn't mentioned seeing her, I wouldn't have been looking for her and probably would have missed her.

Mr Vic

Hi Mr Vic,
There's a WC in Falcon or are you referring to Centennial? I'd like to meet that guy. I would not mind taking his class.
Les

I go to the Woodcraft in Colorado Springs on Garden of the Gods Road... Only a couple of minutes from where I work.

Top Bottom