Corian

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

acmaclaren

Angi the Maker
I have some random pieces of corian. I'd like to glue them together to make a blank I can turn. I have a wide variety of glue in my workshop, but I don't know which one to use. I have CA, epoxy, hide glue and polyurethane glue. I just don't want the blank exploding while I'm turning it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

Either epoxy or ca will work. Put the finished sides together for best appearance turned.

CA is not considered archival, so I usually use structural epoxy. CA is a bit faster, but tends towards brittle.

Terredax

Banned
Epoxy is best. The solid surface manufacturers sell color matched high strength epoxy for bonding, but a good epoxy works just as well. The surface should be sanded for best adhesion, and use the sanding dust to mix in the epoxy to color match it to the material. It helps disguise the seam.
Also, wipe the sanded surface that will be bonded with lacquer thinner before applying the epoxy.

We use this method on all of our solid surface materials and have never had a glue seam fail. The field material has cracked before the seam ever showed any stress fractures.

Epoxy is a bit flexible and has much higher shear strength than CA does.

Top Bottom