Chevrons & Frank Lloyd Wright

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
As in a previous post, I am trying to use some of Frank Lloyd Wrights concepts of Chevrons and lines and spaces.

I have a few thinks to tweak for this, but it came out pretty decent.

I personally like and use the Knurl pens, but after the fact, I'm not sure it is a good pairing with this blank.

Comments and critique are welcomed.

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Love this one also Mark. Keep them coming. You have come a long way. Your work has improved in leaps and bounds. Thanks for showing. I have one is partial stage that I started about 2 years ago. I need to put this on my completion list this winter.

bobleibo

That's a great looking pen Mark. As for the pairing, I really like it. The knurling has a similar pattern to your Chevron pattern if you look closely, subtle but not overpowering.
A few years ago I had an opportunity to tour the Frank Lloyd Wright house outside of Phoenix with some architect friends which has those same characteristics that an untrained eye like mine would not have noticed had they not pointed them out. It was nice to be able to understand his work a little bit more.

Cheers
Bob

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Another one too cool. The chevrons are great. You have far more patience than I! Very nice work Mark!

Hi Chuck! Patience? More like a boring lifestyle :laugh:! Be well.

That's a great looking pen Mark. As for the pairing, I really like it. The knurling has a similar pattern to your Chevron pattern if you look closely, subtle but not overpowering.
A few years ago I had an opportunity to tour the Frank Lloyd Wright house outside of Phoenix with some architect friends which has those same characteristics that an untrained eye like mine would not have noticed had they not pointed them out. It was nice to be able to understand his work a little bit more.

Cheers
Bob

After using it some the past 2 weeks it's starting to grow on me. I'll get back to this in September, as I have more designs to work out.

You're knocking these otta da park!

I'm having fun with these. Scallops still elude me!

And to all the above - thank you for your comments. I have sent a library article to Wayne; these are not that hard!!!

I'm next going to try to make a "Batch" (10-15 blanks) to see the time reduction for more than a "one-off." Maybe I can get enough for a fund-raiser to support next year's MPG.

mrcook4570

Outstanding blank! I also like the look of the knurling paired with the blank as the knurling reflects the light similar to the chevron pattern.

Top Bottom