Celtic Knots

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dale Parrott

I've been making the knots for a while now. After doing some searches on Google I've noticed a design that is new to me. Would someone please tell me what this variety is called and if there is a tutorial somewhere on the process. This is the design.
Thanks
Dale

Attachments

• celtic knot.jpg
    celtic knot.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 314
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dale Parrott

Thank you Rick.

I was hoping there was a way to make it without purchasing an inlay kit. The kit is always an option but I get my "kick" from making things like these from scratch.

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Dale: I'm with you! Must be a Hoosier thing !:rolleyes::wink::usflag: To me, it's making your own skid, cutting your own pattern, etc. Looks like this one might need a little 3-D assistance :eek:! Good luck and please advise if you get it figured out! Thanks! :highfive: Hey Skiprat ! You got any ideas? (hope this is not considered hijacking your thread, Dale)

Thank you Rick.

I was hoping there was a way to make it without purchasing an inlay kit. The kit is always an option but I get my "kick" from making things like these from scratch.

Dale Parrott

Not a problem hijacking the thread. What ever it takes to get it done is fine by me.
I made a double knot yesterday that turned out good. Would have been even better if the blank would have been a bit larger so that if would have fit on a Cigar kit.

It really could be a Hoosier thing.

Mr Vic

Dale, I doesn't look like the depicted knot is done with a through cut and is only inlaid on the surface. You could duplicated by cutting thin veneer and by carving the recess in the body. Run the grain on the veneer parallel to the pen body.

Top Bottom