Bonding acrylic to wood?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NotURMailman

This may not really be the right place for this thread. But, the general info I'm looking for could also be applied to segmenting for making pen blanks (and most likely has).

I was going to attempt a four window inside out Christmas ornament. The thought occured to me to make the fenials from acrylic. Can anyone suggest the best adhesive for bonding the acrylic to the wood? I was thinking either epoxy or CA. But I figured someone who had done it could advise from actual experience.

I'm sure someone has made something like a celtic knot pen blank with the knot pieces out of acrylic. If not, someone should!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

This may not really be the right place for this thread. But, the general info I'm looking for could also be applied to segmenting for making pen blanks (and most likely has).

I was going to attempt a four window inside out Christmas ornament. The thought occured to me to make the fenials from acrylic. Can anyone suggest the best adhesive for bonding the acrylic to the wood? I was thinking either epoxy or CA. But I figured someone who had done it could advise from actual experience.

I'm sure someone has made something like a celtic knot pen blank with the knot pieces out of acrylic. If not, someone should!

I use sytem3 epoxy. I suggest you make a tenon on the end of the finial and have a matching hole on the ornament to give it more tooth and security. See when people do segmenting for pens you have to remember you are adding strength to the joints by inserting a brass tube so that the pieces now have more to hold onto. People forget this part when talking about joining different medium such as that in something other than a pen.

Top Bottom