360 Degree Nanogon Chevron Blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
To get a better pattern for the Chevrons to spiral, I went to a 9-sided configuration. This then used a 40 degree point.

I'll put a finish on this and maybe assemble it (Sierra); there are some minor flaws, so we'll see.

Happy segmenting! Discussion encouraged.

View in Gallery

Attachments

• IMG_0895.jpg
    IMG_0895.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_0896.jpg
    IMG_0896.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_0897.jpg
    IMG_0897.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_0898.jpg
    IMG_0898.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_0899.jpg
    IMG_0899.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_0900.jpg
    IMG_0900.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_0901.jpg
    IMG_0901.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_0903.jpg
    IMG_0903.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_0083.jpg
    IMG_0083.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0906.jpg
    IMG_0906.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_0902.jpg
    IMG_0902.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 224
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Mark, Just when I think you can't top your latest design, you really "step up" and raise your segmenting to a new level!
Don't stop thinking outside the tube!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Mark, Just when I think you can't top your latest design, you really "step up" and raise your segmenting to a new level!
Don't stop thinking outside the tube!

Hi Charlie, One design seems to lead to another. This opens another entire black hole for me to get sucked into if I start to add more colors and veneers. I also really enjoy seeing others expanding and adding their own elements. As much as I like the design challenges, my precision is still my weak point, (OK, also my finishes). But I'm having fun.

Looks good mark. I love your Chevron's!! If I get out in the shop, i'll send you a pic of an idea! Just gotta get out to the shop first

Get off the couch Taco Man! 114 degrees is nice and comfortable.

Looks good Mark. You must have tightened up your measurements.

As with the last blank, it is better than I expected. Here, two of the staves are not as equal in width as the other 7, but this is close enough I may assemble it.

Thanks for the comments guys.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
You never give up....do you?? :biggrin:. You are like a pit bull terrier in your determinations... :wink:
I bet you drive your family nuts!!!:tongue:

But please keep it up.....you are without doubt the most active and innovative member at the moment and actually have been for some time.
..:good::good::good:

Dieseldoc

You never give up....do you?? :biggrin:. You are like a pit bull terrier in your determinations... :wink:

But please keep it up.....you are without doubt the most active and innovative member at the moment and actually have been for some time.

Skiprat
More like a dog on a bone I would say, However Mark keep up the pressure on the rest of us.

Cheers

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam

Well said and i agree

SteveJ

As usual, well done Mark. I haven't ventured into adding other colors - I think it is good thing that I live 300 miles from the nearest woodcraft store, otherwise I'm sure I would have purchased one of their primary colored veneer packs - I look forward to how you will add more color to your next design.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator

Thank you! Considering your innovations and inspiration, that's pretty humbling.

Mark keep up the pressure on the rest of us.

Cheers

G'Day Charlie! There are several others I chat with who are actively working on this style of segmenting, so it's a nice community effort to feed of of each other.

As usual, well done Mark. I haven't ventured into adding other colors - I think it is good thing that I live 300 miles from the nearest woodcraft store, otherwise I'm sure I would have purchased one of their primary colored veneer packs - I look forward to how you will add more color to your next design.

Thank you Steve - I look forward to your next effort!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Looks good mark. I love your Chevron's!! If I get out in the shop, i'll send you a pic of an idea! Just gotta get out to the shop first

Ideas... Out in your shop... Don't take too long to go out to the shop Ernie, you know what they'll say...

Last edited:
Top Bottom