Where to get carbon fiber?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bushwacked

I am on the solar composites website that seems to be very highly recommended, but am not sure on what I should be getting ..

http://composites.sollerpaddles.com,carbon-fiber,carbon,fiber,sleeve,fabric

I think this first section is what I want and I should be getting the .5" as most people said it would fit almost anything.

I was also trying to find the glow in the dark stuff but have no idea what is is called ...

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Keep scrolling down the page for the glow in the dark stuff. You want the light weight carbon fiber. 1/2" is all that is needed.

bushwacked

Keep scrolling down the page for the glow in the dark stuff. You want the light weight carbon fiber. 1/2" is all that is needed.

Got it thanks! Also all of the colors pop an error when I try to select them on the .5" saying color I chose is not available in carbon sleeves ... is that normal?

Also on the drop down list (The one I can find) it has .5" .. .but does not specify if lightweight. it only starts saying that on things bigger than 1". Can I assume everything is lightweight until then?

Last edited:

Sappheiros

Be very careful with the stuff. When in products already coated, it can be quite safe, but it can be dangerous when "raw."

not sure what you mean ??

Prevention of hazards to human body
Being presented that Carbon Fiber yarn is "tough", peoples sometime try to tear off the yarn to make sure of that. Rather often, fingers or palms, instead of the yarn, are damaged. Please be warned that it is a hazardous challenge.

Sticking to skins
Only by soft touching of dusts or fly to skins, one may feel pains or itch. Never try to "rubbing off". As a string of Carbon Fiber is just like a metal fine wire or pin, the dust penetrates into the skins more deeply causing the secondary inflammations.
The best way is washing out a local skin by cold or hot water; pouring running water on with a help of soap. Another effective way is to make puffing by a strip of bundle tape or sticking tape. Itchy feeling on skins does usually not stay for long time.
The stuck fiber will leave off skins in half a day. Coating protective cream on the skin is also recommendable particularly effective to be protected from high elastic modulus Carbon Fibers.

Eyes and throats
The last but by no means least thing is to protect eyes and throats from Carbon Fiber dusts. Workers ought to wear goggles and masks to prevent the dust penetration.
In case of bad feeling on the eyes, it is recommended to consult with an eye-doctor immediately.
- Link

I've been warned of the hazards of working with in the past, so I just wanted to pass on the information. Breathing it in... Handling, the works.

eharri446

Change your selection to Fiberglass .5 Light and then select your glow in the dark color.

Those colors are only available in fiberglass sleeves.

longbeard

It's easier to just call them and explain what you want and what your doing with it. They know what we as blank makers want and what size.

Harry

Top Bottom