Stabilization Vacuum Pump 20% Off

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greenacres2

Good find, thanks for the tip on the discount. I was close to ordering a rebuilt Robinair 15600 for $200 shipped, but ordered the JB DV-4E from Zoro yesterday at $237 brand new. Got a UPS e-mail, should be delivered today. Now...only 3 to 5 more weeks for my chamber, which still gives me time to find a toaster oven!!

Mal--below is from Curtis' web site, some of the pricing may be a little dated but not far off currently. If I thought i'd start running multiple chambers off a manifold, i'd probably have gone 6 cfm just for the headroom--but I don't foresee that happening, just small batches for personal use. Lots of used JB and Robinair vac pumps on the auction site, even some on our local Craigslist--but it's hard to tell what has or has not been maintained, they mostly have been used in auto shops, so they look the same on the outside...can't tell about the inside!!

Quality US Made Pumps
JB Eliminator DV-4E* $269.06 from Zoro.com* This is my recommendation for quality pumps and my overall recommendation for any pump!* If you sign up for Zoro's newsletter, you can get a coupon code for 15% off
JB Eliminator DV-6E* $326.66 from Zoro.com* For those who just really want to spend more to no benefit!
Yellow Jacket 93600* $308.64 from Amazon.com
Robinair 15600 $338.17 from Amazon.com* Be aware that Robinair has two lines of pumps.* The Cool Tech series with the blue handle is made in USA and parts are available.* All of the others are imports.

Last edited:

PatrickR

Good, I'm glad someone could use it. Mine will be here today.
My Chinese pump lasted a little less than a year. It still runs but not pulling the vacuum it used to. Hopefully this one last a lot longer.
Mal, check the turntex site for more info. He mentions the 6 CFM unit.

PatrickR

Mine arrived today. The 1/4 hp Zeny is like a toy in comparison. Pulled down to max right away. Fairly quiet and came with a quart of oil. Like it so far.

duncsuss

Mine arrived today. The 1/4 hp Zeny is like a toy in comparison. Pulled down to max right away. Fairly quiet and came with a quart of oil. Like it so far.

I have a Zeny (can't remember if it's 1/4hp or a bit bigger), the only drawback I've found it the mist of oil that it spews out of the exhaust vent. Adding a tube and some kitchen towel is an improvement, but not perfect.

Does the JB also create an oil mist? If not, I might be tempted ... :rolleyes:

PatrickR

I have a Zeny (can't remember if it's 1/4hp or a bit bigger), the only drawback I've found it the mist of oil that it spews out of the exhaust vent. Adding a tube and some kitchen towel is an improvement, but not perfect.

Does the JB also create an oil mist? If not, I might be tempted ... :rolleyes:

A little yes. I think they all do to a certain extent. My Zeny did too and it worked fine until recently it will only pull down to about 27.
An interesting design difference is the JB's exhaust is routed through the handle. Making it about 12" long. It also has a threaded end that could be connected to a hose or filter if wanted.

Top Bottom