Steam punk blank making..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jlnel

Hello, where do you get and what brand of copper and chrome tape do you all get?

I went looking but only found what looks like it's like regular tape with no paper backing..

Any help, online sources etc..

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus

iMattDaddy

Hello, where do you get and what brand of copper and chrome tape do you all get?

I went looking but only found what looks like it's like regular tape with no paper backing..

Thanks!

Sorry I'm going to be zero help, but I'm curious to see what these blanks look like if you know where I can find examples.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
A few examples

Attachments

• IMG_0785.jpg
    IMG_0785.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_0787.jpg
    IMG_0787.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 170

Marnat3

I have seen copper tape at Hobby lobby in the stained glass area. Its used to wrap the edges of the glass pieces before soldering. Hope this helps.

Skeleton2014

Thanks!

The Silver tape is easy......Nashua Tape 1.89 in. x 50 yd. 322 Multi-Purpose HVAC Foil Tape-1207792 - The Home Depot

Look here for copper tape
Amazon.com: copper tape: Arts, Crafts & Sewing

If you're going to Home Depot look in the garden department for the copper tape. It's called Correy's Slug and Snail Copper Tape... Less than $10 for a 15 foot roll. I used it last year for one of the PITHs. It was just the right thickness after trying the local hobby store (too thin) and one of the big box craft stores (too thick). Good luck, Jeff

Reactions: ELA
Top Bottom