Star Trek Blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ladycop322

I just took this out of the Pressure Pot and I think it came out great!

Attachments

• star trek.jpg
    star trek.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 340
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

Thought I was seeing things, or not seeing things for a minute there. Glad you posted the second set of pics, I was just about to go check my blood sugar. :)
And nice pen.
Did you know someone has posted something about ideas on or looking (don't remember which) for Star Trek pens.

Curt

jttheclockman

Wow! It looks great! (How do you choose what time to set it to?) :)

Did you know there is a little adage in the world of showing clocks and watches in ads. It is more acceptable to show the watch hands at 10:10 or 2:10. Why is that you may ask??? I did hear someone ask. :)As corny as it may sound this depicts a Happy Face on a clock face. If you set them to say 8:20 it depicts a sad face. People like happy faces.

Now when making these watch part pens it is sometimes customary to set the hands to a certain relevant time that may have a special meaning to the dial itself or to the customer request.

Just a little fun fact.:)

Nice pen by the way. Those dials are hard to come by because they are sought after and could get pricey.

ladycop322

John T.

I am aware of the 2:10 and 10:10 times on watches and clocks. I think it's baloney in my honest opinion. I'm not about the marketing aspect of the blanks. I am about making it my own way as an artist. Now, if I was mass producing, then yes, I would probably go with those times. I don't like to be a follower, only a leader.

I have had MANY requests to place the time on the dials at 5:00 because, as the song states, 'It's five o'clock somewhere!' LOL

Have a great day and a Happy Thanksgiving!

Michelle

jttheclockman

John T.

I am aware of the 2:10 and 10:10 times on watches and clocks. I think it's baloney in my honest opinion. I'm not about the marketing aspect of the blanks. I am about making it my own way as an artist. Now, if I was mass producing, then yes, I would probably go with those times. I don't like to be a follower, only a leader.

I have had MANY requests to place the time on the dials at 5:00 because, as the song states, 'It's five o'clock somewhere!' LOL

Michelle

Hope I did not upset you. Not my intention. I was having a little fun by stating that fun fact. It was in response to the question and I know it was intended to you but no harm. As I mentioned many people request specific times if that has a special meaning to them. As many people make these it has been known also that sometimes such as the theme dials it can dictate where is a good place to set the hands so that they do not block a scene or a cool part of the dial. Even on the Mickey Mouse dials people like to see the hands waving so everyone has their reasons. There is no set hard rules. The 5 o'clock thing is another good example.

Take care and keep them coming. Again sorry for any over stepping the boundries.

mike4066

I always thought they were set to 10:10 because it kept the hands out of the way of most of the face features, logo / date dial etc..

I would have set the time on that one to 5:01 (1701)

It looks great though keep them coming!

Akula

10:10 was used because when photographing the watches they wanted the hands to encase the brand name that is often just below the 12. In much older watches, the brand/logo was found just above the 6. That lead the marketing photo's with the time at 8:20. It was less desirable with the hands pointing down.

Nice blank

Skie_M

John T.

Michelle

May I please request one set to "Beer Thirty" ?

Top Bottom