Space themed blank needed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Parson

I have a customer request. They want an outer space theme pen.

Anyone have ideas for me?

This request is out of this world! :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

I don't remember 'where' I seen it but I do remember a blank caller "star dust" or "star light" just a couple of days ago. I thought it looked very nice.

You might want to check the vendors here for this.

carlmorrell

I made a nice laser inlay kit. I think it was called moonscape. Very tedius, and even with all my mistakes, it came out great.

healeydays

Got a VP at the company I have been consulting with that has his office decked out in models of old ships and models of 1960s rockets.

Interesting mix...

Marines1407

I recently made a meteorite dust pen blank. It has meteorite dust on the brass tube. It is 7mm and I have not turned it yet so I do not know how it will look.

wayneryan65

Here is an outer space blank

I made this out of a 5 color pour in alumilite and pearls

Attachments

• Outer Space.jpg
    Outer Space.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 239

Si90

I little more of a novelty I suppose but I notice you have a few segmented pens in your library. Could you not segment black and white up to resemble a Saturn 5 Rocket, turn it in such a way to resemble the shape and add decals for the graphics.

Last edited:

hornet406

Check out www.lazerlinez.com . They have instructions listed on their page for a space shuttle inlay kit. I don't see the kit available but maybe they can point you to it. Its a start.
Maybe you can try casting a black acrylic blank with lots of glitter and us a decal of a planet??? Good luck finding what you need.

Last edited:

ScottBigHead

I have a small quantity of a woven glass fiber "blanket" used on a flown space shuttle mission, I might be able to make a small portion available if you wanted to wrap a tube and cast it... send me a note if you are interested... warning:
this would be expensive

ossaguy

I have a customer request. They want an outer space theme pen.

Anyone have ideas for me?

This request is out of this world! :)

My Brother In-Law is really interested and knowledgeable about outer space,so I made him this pen using these nice 33 cent USA stamps ,that have images sent back from the Hubble Space Telescope. They show several Nebulas,really neat images!

These are easily available on E-bay.

My sister said that he loved it,so just a thought.

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_4684.JPG
    IMG_4684.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_4687.JPG
    IMG_4687.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_4691.JPG
    IMG_4691.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_4693.JPG
    IMG_4693.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

randyrls

There are blanks called "Galaxy Series" sold by WoodturningZ and likely others. These are a bear to make but the result is fantastic.

The blanks tend to be VERY brittle, and the "sparkles" leave a pitted surface after turning, so you must apply a fair amount of CA to fill the pits.

Last edited:

Kenny Durrant

Like mentioned earlier there are several postage stamps available and you can also get an Ohio Quarter and dremel the astronaut out and cast tit with the stamp.

Top Bottom