Silmar 41

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

liljohn1368

I'm pouring some PR blanks and was needing some advise on colors that look good together. When I get a few pouted I'll post them so you can see them.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ssalvage

This is very difficult advice that you ask for, since it is completely subjective to personal taste. What I would suggest to you as combos I like, someone else would not like. What they like, someone else wouldn't like, etc.

The only REAL advice I can give you is to spend some time researching color theory to understand the basics. From there, just start experimenting and have fun in the process.

liljohn1368

This is whet I've come up with so far...

Attachments

• downloadfile-2(7).jpeg
    downloadfile-2(7).jpeg
    36.3 KB · Views: 278

DLGunn

Looking good.

One thing I'm having to do is restrain myself from doing blue in every pour. Blue is my favorite color and I am always thinking of cool color combos with blue and "something".

Another thing I do is have my daughter pick some color combinations. She's better at it than me anyway. Plus outside opinions will give you colors you might not think of yourself.

liljohn1368

I get my wife to pick most of my colors. I'm thinking of selling them for 3.25 per blank. If you want any just pm me the colors and how many

Marmotjr

Start with the color wheel.

This. I think it's opposite colors on the wheel contrast heavily, while colors closer to each other start to blend. So think of how sharp and contrasting you want the blank. For subtle differences, use closer colors, for more obvious contrasts, use colors on opposite sides of the wheel.

Skeels

You're doin good with the combos. I really like the orange and white one, got that orange creme goin on. I too have trouble choosing color combos.what I do is ask my wife what she thinks, and ask my son what he thinks. Even if I don't like them or think they clash way too much I do them. When I do they actually turn out pretty nice. To be more precise with how I ask, I take a handful of colors (usually 5) and say "which two?" And then do that a few times till I get a few blanks.

PSNCO

Some of my best blanks poured were when my wife closed her eyes and just picked 3-4 colors of mica from the hundred jars I would lay out on the table.

Some of the oddest color combos actually come out great on a blank.

Top Bottom