Second polyester resin castin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodguy95

Hello everyone this is just to show my second polyester resin cating. It's a four colors cast blue, purple, silver and green. The pics do not show the colors that well but that's about the best that I can do. I am using the castin' craft resin (BTW I know many of you disaproove that resin but it's what I did get my hands on. Will defeneatly go for alumilite next time.)

Ok so I have a very tiny issue here. The green color kind of sunk at the bottom of the cast wich makes for a nice effect but not the one that was intended.

Comments, suggestions or tips are as always appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_9584.jpg
    IMG_9584.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_9583.jpg
    IMG_9583.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_9582.jpg
    IMG_9582.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 224
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chartle

One thing to realize is that aluminite and the polyester resin you used have different casting techniques.

KCW

To keep the colors from separating, you will need to let the resin set up a little longer, or "gel". It will take some practice to get a feel for when the resin is ready to pour.

chartle

To keep the colors from separating, you will need to let the resin set up a little longer, or "gel". It will take some practice to get a feel for when the resin is ready to pour.

Just don't turn your back. It can go from water thin, to snots, to hard in 10 seconds.

KCW

Just don't turn your back. It can go from water thin, to snots, to hard in 10 seconds.

LOL, this is definitely true, that is why he will need practice to get it right. I have had many single color bottle stopper blanks come from waiting too long. :laugh:

Top Bottom