Which paper and printer to choose

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wim Tienhoven

Hi all,

If i would make a transparant Acrylic blank, with a printed image glued onto the tube, which paper and printer do i have to use?

Paper: Is it recommended to use the thick glossy paper, i would assume it is?

Printer: would Laser or Inkjet be advisable?

As I am going to buy myself a new printer this weekend, i thought this might be a nice moment to find out about this.

Any help appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

Inkjet works well, laser has never worked for me for printing to be cast in polyester resin.

It sounds odd, but I use label paper for this application. Avery 18163 works very well, not sure if it is available in Europe. Avery has an online design and print tool that I use to prepare the design/artwork that is easy to use - you can design individual labels or a whole sheet of the same. I start with a blank label template and experiment. I do each label different and then I test to get the correct size - for the test I print on plain paper. Then I go back and adjust the art and print the label.

Free Online Templates | Labels, Business Cards, Greeting Cards, T-Shirt Transfers | Avery Design & P

I wish you good luck and great results!:)

Wim Tienhoven

I would use Testors decal paper. Inkjet printer has worked fine for me.

Harry

Inkjet works well, laser has never worked for me for printing to be cast in polyester resin.

It sounds odd, but I use label paper for this application. Avery 18163 works very well, not sure if it is available in Europe. Avery has an online design and print tool that I use to prepare the design/artwork that is easy to use - you can design individual labels or a whole sheet of the same. I start with a blank label template and experiment. I do each label different and then I test to get the correct size - for the test I print on plain paper. Then I go back and adjust the art and print the label.

Free Online Templates | Labels, Business Cards, Greeting Cards, T-Shirt Transfers | Avery Design & P

I wish you good luck and great results!:)

Tx for answerring.

I will try both but want to start on the Avery labels, love that idea.

Do you attach them directly to the tubes or?

Wim Tienhoven

pianomanpj

Cody references a "Clearcote" with a "green label". Does anyone know which product to which he's referring, or have a product number? What other options are there for clear coating and is it really necessary?

franka

I am trying to cast a rebel flag for a bolt action pen. Print on Avery label sized to fit tube. But when I Pell the backing off and wrap the tube the ends of the flag are not even. It is like the bottom of the strip is wider than the top. Should I just use a boarder and just overlap for the seam or overlap the flag. Just trying to hide the seam or overlap. What am I doing wrong.

pianomanpj

I am trying to cast a rebel flag for a bolt action pen. Print on Avery label sized to fit tube. But when I Pell the backing off and wrap the tube the ends of the flag are not even. It is like the bottom of the strip is wider than the top. Should I just use a boarder and just overlap for the seam or overlap the flag. Just trying to hide the seam or overlap. What am I doing wrong.

That's a little hard to visualize. Can you post some pics?

Top Bottom