OH CRUMB!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dale Lynch

Mandala cross wrap before and after a layer of CA.
Mandala.jpg
DSCF4240.jpg
7 colors;yellow,teal,red,lt.blue,orange,green,dk.blue.The yellow and orange just disappeared into the other colors.Heartbreaking,after all those hours of wrapping.Supposed to be color fast,not fast enough apparently.Just disgusted with the outcome.

Silver lining;I proved to myself I could do it.Unfortunatly I also proved I need to stop using what I have and invest in the right materials instead.

Mo money,mo money,mo money.Why's it gotta be that way,why can't it just work out?

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Dale, that turned out not bad, IMHO. You deserve a lot of credit for the successful and attractive wrapping !!!

Ted Sachs

Definitely lack of color preserver. It usually takes a couple of coats of CP to get it protected. Without it the thread becomes translucent and the thread under shows through. It's not that the color is bleeding, just becoming too translucent to stop the color under it from showing its ugly head. A couple of tips if you don't mind. Start packing off your threads a little more, and making sure you move the thread around enough to keep your crosspoints nice and straight. Get some decent thread that is NCP rated. Start with size D thread and then work to A size if you want more resolution. You're getting there for sure. That's a tough pattern and gives the best of us a fit sometimes. Just take your time, pack off often, and mind your lines staying straight.

You're progressing quickly, keep up the great work. I may have to start watching over my shoulder before long. :D

Dale Lynch

It wouldn't have made me so mad if it wasn't my wifes valentines gift.

Thanks for the comments fellas,I appreciate them.

Ted,just gonna have to bite the bullet and get a NCP assortment,like you recomended.Still having trouble with the alignment,after 4-5 passes I'm just not able to move them very well.May still be wrapping too tightly,gonna have to ease up and try again.One thing for sure,all the other patterns should be easier now that I tried the superman difficulty one.Just need more practice.

Dale Lynch

That weaving stuff is way abouve my pay grade at this point.Maybe in the future,right now I'm too dumb to follow along.His tools look handy,gonna have to look into it.I was using a oring pick nut it keeps slipping on me.Thanks for the link.

Top Bottom