New Twist on the Puzzle Pen Blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ken Wines

Hi, everyone. I am a pen maker from Charleston, WV, although lately I've been making a lot more blanks than pens. Here's my latest take on a puzzle pen blank. I do the ones similar to the other people that do them (horizontal and vertical pieces). I guess how I might be different is that I assemble the pieces before I ship them (work the puzzle around the tube). So here is my latest puzzle with diagonal puzzle pieces. Actually helical might be a more appropriate term in this case.

Attachments

• IMG_3657.jpg
    IMG_3657.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 260
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

I like it Ken! I've made several pens from the standard puzzle piece blanks but I like the look of the angle pieces. Kind of like a stamp pen. Its something different that stands out. Nice job!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
These are beautiful! I like the dark edges around each piece - kind of looks like a veneer. Makes each piece stand out just a bit more.

Looking forward to meeting you at MPG.

Ken Wines

These are beautiful! I like the dark edges around each piece - kind of looks like a veneer. Makes each piece stand out just a bit more.

Looking forward to meeting you at MPG.
Thanks, Mark. As pictured here the blank is still in its kit format. At this point the pieces aren't glued and are wrapped around a cardstock shipping tube. I do look forward to meeting you and the other pen turners in Ohio next month. I'm going to try to make a few sample blanks to donate toward the door prizes at the gathering. This design will be among that group. It is a Sierra style blank, BTW.

Top Bottom