Need Help with Alumilite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I am trying to cast a pen tube that I wrapped with an image of a Ukrainian Flag. When I put the mold in the pressure pot it does its thing but when I take it out it, the alumilite is white. Any ideas?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Marko50

Ditto to what Curtis posted. Make sure you're mixing it completely. Scrape the sides and bottom like crazy. Look at how it's mixing up. If you see any "swirling" going on, you still need to mix it. It should be crystal clear, like water, when completely mixed.

The only other thing I could suggest is to make double sure you're not getting any water, in the mix. H2O is deadly to Alumilite, in any amount!

Thank you for all the tips and help. I was able to get it fixed, I'm not sure if I wasn't mixing enough or if the humidity in the shop was too high but I started mixing in 2 different cups like recommended and I put a moisture trap on the pressure pot.

79spitfire

Water separator on the incoming air line, in a place as humid as Virginia Beach the natural humidity in the air will be concentrated when the air is compressed, and can get into the chamber. Alumilite 'likes' water and reacts with it, making funny bubbles and color changes!

Top Bottom