MPG Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Just finishing up the last few - should have about 125-135.

Attachments

• IMG_3536.jpg
    IMG_3536.jpg
    375.4 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_3537.jpg
    IMG_3537.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_3538.jpg
    IMG_3538.jpg
    341.6 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_3539.jpg
    IMG_3539.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_3540.jpg
    IMG_3540.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_3541.jpg
    IMG_3541.jpg
    354.1 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_3542.jpg
    IMG_3542.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 222
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Wow Mark so you too got into the blank selling business. Always wondered is there going to be enough pen makers left to buy all these blanks everyone is making:biggrin::biggrin:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Wow Mark so you too got into the blank selling business. Always wondered is there going to be enough pen makers left to buy all these blanks everyone is making:biggrin::biggrin:

These are a fund-raiser for the MPG Committee. I will reimburse for my materials. So basically I am donating my time, and had fun doing it. The 12, 9 and 6 slotted blanks are nice for complete upper or lower sections, or as trim rings.

jttheclockman

All very nice work Mark. I am sure anyone who gets one will treasure it. Good luck. Look forward to your next design.

stuckinohio

Ooh, I didn't know you were making Tru-stone ones too. How many of those do you think you'll have? I like those and the ones with the Herringbone type insert like you did at the demo. I'll have to grab a couple!

Lewis

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Ooh, I didn't know you were making Tru-stone ones too. How many of those do you think you'll have? I like those and the ones with the Herringbone type insert like you did at the demo. I'll have to grab a couple!

Lewis

G'Day Lewis.

I suspect I will have 5 of the tru-stone blanks, as that is what I have left from my "old stock" Tru-stone blanks (2012-1014). However, I have a few more uncut Trustone blanks, so we can chat if you want a different combination.

And... I can show you how to make these yourself. No knowledge lost!!!

Cheers, Mark

stuckinohio

Lewis

G'Day Lewis.

I suspect I will have 5 of the tru-stone blanks, as that is what I have left from my "old stock" Tru-stone blanks (2012-1014). However, I have a few more uncut Trustone blanks, so we can chat if you want a different combination.

And... I can show you how to make these yourself. No knowledge lost!!!

Cheers, Mark

Awesome, I'll be there early Friday and all day Saturday. I'll want to buy one for sure when you start selling them at the show. I do like the black with gold tru-stone you show as an example. I don't have any specific requests. Just want to get a couple of your awesome blanks and benefit the IAP at the same time:biggrin:

As far as making them goes, I really don't have any patience for cutting stuff to exactly uniform thickness and don't have a drum sander. I also don't have a lot of tolerance for segmenting in general.

If I get material that is already exactly the same thickness I don't mind segmenting. I looked at the website you mentioned at the demo and can get stuff locally, but I just can't get interested in doing it!

I do have access to a drum sander but I try to limit the amount of times I use my friends tools and knowledge. Don't want to use up a resource if you know what I mean.

Lewis

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I do like the black with gold tru-stone you show as an example. I don't have any specific requests. Just want to get a couple of your awesome blanks and benefit the IAP at the same time:biggrin:

As far as making them goes, I really don't have any patience for cutting stuff to exactly uniform thickness and don't have a drum sander. I also don't have a lot of tolerance for segmenting in general.

If I get material that is already exactly the same thickness I don't mind segmenting. I looked at the website you mentioned at the demo and can get stuff locally, but I just can't get interested in doing it!

I do have access to a drum sander but I try to limit the amount of times I use my friends tools and knowledge. Don't want to use up a resource if you know what I mean.

Lewis[/QUOTE]

G'Day Lewis! I fully agree with your comments.

I have played with Polymer Clay - I'll buy from those that are skilled!

I admire Abalone Blanks - Again, I'll buy from those that are skilled.

I admire Feather blanks - and again, I'll buy from those that are more skilled than I.

I have NO HESITATION to explain/show/assist others to make the Chevron blanks (and the Tru-Stone Blanks), or any others I make. Basically, they are very time-consuming, and very "fussy" to be accurate. Anyone want to make them... Be my guest!

Finally, I'll show anyone how to make these. There will always be a market for those that have no interest in making them themselves. As I with Polymer clay, Abalone, Feathers, etc... I love these mediums, but after poking with the skills needed, decided that it is better to buy nice blanks than to take 2-6 months and $$$ to learn the skills neded, and to produce below average quality blanks.

Top Bottom