michaels canada casting resin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lathe monkey

I'm going to start to make some pen blanks, michaels has clear polyester casting resin , is this stuff any good? and do I have to buy there hardener for it or can I use MEK which I can get cheaper at Canadian tire , Michaels has a coupon for 40% off so it worth getting it there at this time.
thank you
lathe monkey

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lorbay

Yes it's ok stuff. I buy it there all the time with the coupon and yes you can use the MEKP from Can Tire.
Lin

Curly

There is a big difference between MEKP (methyl ethyl ketone peroxide) that is used to harden the polyester resin and MEK (methyl ethyl ketone) that is a special solvent that can dissolve the hardened resin. MEK will not harden the resin. Can Tire would likely have the MEKP with their fibreglass products.

lathe monkey

There is a big difference between MEKP (methyl ethyl ketone peroxide) that is used to harden the polyester resin and MEK (methyl ethyl ketone) that is a special solvent that can dissolve the hardened resin. MEK will not harden the resin. Can Tire would likely have the MEKP with their fibreglass products.
my bad, I meant MEKP at can tire, I will get some, its cheaper then the hardener at Michaels , thanks you

Top Bottom