How to make these effects?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wim Tienhoven

I've been searching for hours on fora, youtube, etc, but i can't find a guide (neither figure it out myself) how to make a blank like this one:

IMG_4480.JPG

I really love the effect with the thin lines between the colors. Anyone knows how to do this perhaps?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chartle

I asked this awhile ago and you may get semi close but you aren't going to completely replicate those blanks.

I was told its a major industrial process using high pressure. If you look at the blank its not really a ribbon running through the but a large thin sheet or membrane separating two, usually different colored, areas of resin. This membrane is moving in a 3 dimensional fashion that I just don't see in those tutorials.

Oh I hope I'm wrong since I would love to make these kinds of blanks.

Wim Tienhoven

I asked this awhile ago and you may get semi close but you aren't going to completely replicate those blanks.

I was told its a major industrial process using high pressure. If you look at the blank its not really a ribbon running through the but a large thin sheet or membrane separating two, usually different colored, areas of resin. This membrane is moving in a 3 dimensional fashion that I just don't see in those tutorials.

Oh I hope I'm wrong since I would love to make these kinds of blanks.

Its slightly different indeed but its a good starting point for me. There is always the next step i think to make the ribbon from 2-3 layers. For example:

We want to make a blue blank with white separation ribbons. Then we first pour a very thin layer of light bleu, then white, topped with blue again. After putting them into the molds, we fill that with 3-4 shades of blue, all very close to each other in color.

Top Bottom