Franck Muller dial on Abalone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

longbeard

Haven't showed to many of my watch blanks for awhile, so I figured I'd show my last one I just made.

Franck Muller dial on abalone tubed for the Jr series.
I know that top gear appears to be to high, but it was just the way I was holding it when I took the picture.

Hope ya like it

20180519_180141_001.jpg

Harry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Very beautiful blank set !!!

Not sure that I like watch parts on abalone, however .... just my feedback FWIW !
... too much "high class" at once, IMHO.

longbeard

Very beautiful blank set !!!

Not sure that I like watch parts on abalone, however .... just my feedback FWIW !
... too much "high class" at once, IMHO.

I don't put as many parts on these as I do my fiber watch blanks.
I know less is more...lol

Harry

jondavidj

Awesome blank there. I am glad you are using abalone as the background. I think you may be the first to do . And that dial is very cool. I am messaging you about one for a Mistral.

JohnU

Looks great Harry! Love the brass colored gears on the abalone. I did one last year for my MPG contest pen with a mother of pearl watch face. I wasn't sure how a regular face would look with the color character in the abalone but you pulled it off very nicely. Thanks for sharing! And keep up the great work!

Super sweet!! I've always liked seeing your blanks / pens with your blanks, they are always flawless! There are some "casters" out there that will pass on a flawed blank and say "it just happens", well perfect the craft and it won't happen like you have! I refuse to pass any of my Tru-Card blanks with flaws to a customer....

seamus7227

Super sweet!! I've always liked seeing your blanks / pens with your blanks, they are always flawless! There are some "casters" out there that will pass on a flawed blank and say "it just happens", well perfect the craft and it won't happen like you have! I refuse to pass any of my Tru-Card blanks with flaws to a customer....

Between the Tru-Card™/Tru-Dollar™coin blanks and the Abalone Tru-Quarter™ blanks, I gotta say, these Tru-Muller™ over Abalone are freakin Top-Shelf! We better up our game Patterson:eek::biggrin:

jttheclockman

Abalone has been used many times before. It is not new guys so easy does it. :)The blank looks real nice and the combination watch face is a good match.

Bean_Counter

Abalone has been used many times before. It is not new guys so easy does it. :)The blank looks real nice and the combination watch face is a good match.

I'm pretty sure everyone is discussing the face on the abalone, Not just abalone on a blank. I for one haven't seen that and I think it looks awesome but carry on

Bean_Counter

BOOM thunder!!! Harry isn't awesome though lol

Abalone has been used many times before. It is not new guys so easy does it. :)

But has it been used at this level of :eek: awesomeness?!? I mean abalone is already super cool looking but daaaang this face is like "BOOM!!":bananen_smilies046::bananen_smilies104::thunder:

jttheclockman

Not sure if I am am getting trolled or not but Seamus of all people you should know a few that used them.

Here is John's that he mentioned.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/att...alone-geers-pods-feathers-abalone-watch-1.jpg

Dale has been doing these for some time and actually was the first I saw do them. www.facebook.com/groups/912138418808644/

Scroll through his work.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/member.php?u=17991
opusmechan.com
www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2150757321821471&set=pcb.1756875787668232&type=3&theater&ifg=1

Last edited:

jttheclockman

Great job Harry, even if a few try to bring you down. I still think you're good. Carry on. I'm glad you taught me.

Get this straight right here fella I in no way was bringing him down. All I did was say that it has been done before because you and others have not seen one or thought you have not. That was all I said. I think his blank is superb and love the combination. Will look great on a nice highend pen.

Top Bottom