Doggy Paw Print Blanks?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Hi Fine Folks:

Has any one seen AA or other non-wood doggy paw print blanks? They can be any color as long as the doggy paw print are there. I have searched, but can't find.

The closest I got was paw print stickers from Hobby Lobby in between CA finishes on wood. They are ok, but not what I want.

Thanks for reading and taking an interest.

Best to all,

Tony

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Thank you for the replies. I have seen some of them including the breed (full dog) engravings; they are very nice! However, I am looking for non-engraved acrylic/resin.

Thanks again!

TonyL

I meant to say I am not looking for an inlay blanks...my fault for not being clear.

The folks that want this pattern like the slim lines and trim lines (7mm double barrel). The blanks can be white with black paws, brown with white or black paws, etc. I don't think this acrylic/resin blank has been invented yet :).

Gary Beasley

I think you need to look at some polymer clay blanks to get this kind of pattern easily. I don't have the resources handy now to direct you to but a bit of searching on the forum will give you a real good idea of what you can accomplish.

pshib

Cat paws

Looking for something like this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 419

pshib

Bearkats Sam Houston state

One I did for a family member.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 393

TonyL

yes. Depends are very nice! It looks like the ones I made for my wife with the stickers from Hobby Lobby?

Curly

Branden made some pens with sand that were cool. Maybe PM him and see if he would consider doing a couple for you. Better hurry though, golfing season is almost upon him. :cool:

TonyL

Thanks....but no interest in making my own. I spoke to real nice guy yesterday that used to make them, but doesn't any more. My wife is happy with the stickers....I am not :).

Thank you!

pshib

I'd offer to make some for you but I haven't got everything set up yet to start selling.

Gary Beasley

Thanks....but no interest in making my own. I spoke to real nice guy yesterday that used to make them, but doesn't any more. My wife is happy with the stickers....I am not :).

Thank you!

It don't take a lot to make them. Hardest part is rolling the cane for the pawprints, after that its just slicing and sticking to the tube til it's covered them bake them in the oven. You still need to finish with CA for a good shine from my experience but they are very easy to turn. This might be something you could talk your wife into doing as you use the same technique making jewelry items.

Last edited:

TonyL

Doggy Paws.

Thank you!

It don't take a lot to make them. Hardest part is rolling the cane for the pawprints, after that its just slicing and sticking to the tube til it's covered them bake them in the oven. You still need to finish with CA for a good shine from my experience but they are very easy to turn. This might be something you could talk your wife into doing as you use the same technique making jewelry items.

I am not a CA finish guy (yet). I will look for better stickers :). Thanks for the suggestion.

Have a great one Gary!

Ed McDonnell

[Personal Opinion Mode On]

If you were looking for something other than a 7mm slim tube set you might have better luck finding something or attracting a custom blank maker who would do something in all resin for you.

A nice multicast engraved / carved blank seems to run $20 - $50 per tube. For someone selling a high end fountain pen or roller for hundreds of dollars, that's not an unreasonable cost. $20 - $30 for a blank for a sierra / bolt type pen that sells for $100+ wouldn't automatically be considered unreasonable.

Anything over $10 for a slimline blank set would likely be considered crazy by most people making / selling slimline pens. From the blank makers perspective, designing, carving and multi casting a blank set for less than $10 would be crazy.

[Personal Opinion Mode Off]

Ed (no relation to Crazy Eddie)

pshib

What colors would you like and what tube size are you looking for? If I have everything I'll make a couple tubes up. How soon are you wanting them?

pshib

Depending on the detail of the clay blanks 10 can be crazy low. Just look up how clay canes are made.....some are crazy detailed and very time consuming to make.

Penl8the

Tony,

Have a look at this --> http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/lady-bugs-dogs-butterflies-69948/

Hi Fine Folks:

Has any one seen AA or other non-wood doggy paw print blanks? They can be any color as long as the doggy paw print are there. I have searched, but can't find.

The closest I got was paw print stickers from Hobby Lobby in between CA finishes on wood. They are ok, but not what I want.

Best to all,

Tony

pshib

I'm still trying to figure out how the sand blanks were done. One grain glued at a time?

Penl8the

Howdy Pete,

I did not see you reply before I posted my reply.

Yes, our home course is opening on May 15th.

Branden made some pens with sand that were cool. Maybe PM him and see if he would consider doing a couple for you. Better hurry though, golfing season is almost upon him. :cool:

TonyL

Doggy Paw Blanks

These are very nice. but my stickers on wood with CA finish are clearer. It could be the photo.

Thank you!

Tony,

Have a look at this --> http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/lady-bugs-dogs-butterflies-69948/

Hi Fine Folks:

Best to all,

Tony

Top Bottom