Is coastal Scents out of the MICA Powder Business?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

I just went to their site, and I can't find mica powder anywhere. The only thing I can find that looks like mica powder is called Mineral Makeup. And get this. It's $4.95 for less than 1/10 of an ounce (.07oz). :eek: It does come in a nicer jar though.:rolleyes:

There are other sites, but this is really a major hiccup for those of us that cast.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

HERE
Some is out of stock.
I saw that. And if you go to any of the items and click additional info, it shows:
Ingredients: Mica May Contain: Carmine and Titanium Dioxide
Net Weight: Full Size: 2 g / 0.07 oz
Sample Size: approximately 1/8 tsp

So a full size (.07 ounces) cost $4.95 where before, we were buying an ounce for about the same price. Basically, they are charging 14 times as much for mica powder.

Last edited:

MarkD

Coastal Scents used to have a section called "Make your own" where they listed the mica powders. I don't see that now.

Edward Cypher

I posted a month or so ago that the prices had went up greatly since my purchase in October and December. I guess they are moving to make up only where you only need a pinch. Thanks PSNCO for the link that is more what I was paying last year.

BSea

BTW, you can buy all of their remaining mica for $90,000. You can't buy part, only the whole lot. I emailed them to see if they would sell me some in larger quantities. They said they want to sell everything at once.

Mica Powders Sale!

EDIT: I see they added the price and the entire lot after I inquired. I guess they were getting a lot of small partial offers.

Last edited:

Quality Pen

I like how they put that out there as a viable option for consumers? lol...

"Well, I only needed 4 ounces of red and 8 ounces of black... but for ninety thousand dollars I really can get a lot more for my dollar. I'll take it."

Bobostro61

Wow, glad I got an order of Mirage Sapphire in a while ago. Got an oz. of it for not much $$. Better use it very sparingly.

ladycop322

Try here

Naturesoapsupplies.com is better than Coastal. When Coastal stopped carrying the micas we use for casting, most of us went over to Nature. Colors are awesome and so are the results. :)

Top Bottom