BMW Blue Blank Needed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kevinh

One of my favorite customers bought a new Beemer and wants a special pen made ... Majestic Jr. with white upper and BMW blue lower. So I'm on the hunt for a blue plastic (acrylic, alumilite, whatever) blank that matches the blue in the BMW logo. Should be easy .... right? :wink: Help us Obie-wan penmaster!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sylvanite

I once had a customer request a pen to match her S2000 convertible. I bought matching touch-up paint from Honda and painted the tubes. On the upper barrel, I wrapped some black nylon taffeta (to match the rag-top) around half the tube and cast both in clear PR.

If you can't find a matching cast blank, you could make one with automotive touch-up paint.

Regards,
Eric

wyone

Might be a bit tougher to get touch up paint that matches the emblem. When I looked at it the color seemed different than the factory car colors. But my eyes are not what they used to be either.. :)

kevinh

Eric,
I used touch-up paint to cast a blank to match my cousin's Corvette. Even though it smelled terrible during the casting, it finished out awesome! Thanks for the tip!
v/r,
Kevin

Top Bottom