Poly Clay 18 pounds (8.16 Kg)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edstreet

I ordered a supply shipment for Toni Ransfield and it arrived today. Had to show it off, it's not every day you order $480 in polymer clay....

attachment.php

Attachments

• 18lbs-polymer-clay.jpg
    18lbs-polymer-clay.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 464
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skie_M

Nice selection of colors to work with there...

I don't see any translucent in the box, though. Does Toni not work with any translucent while she's layering the flowers and leaves?

Skie_M

Must have been buried in the bottom ... :)

I see some translucent in the big box there ...

I don't go through nearly that much clay, though ... I generally wait till Hobby Lobby or Jo-Anne's Fabrics has a nice sale (50% off or more) and pick up a few blocks of whatever I need.

I try not to hog it all, cuz I don't like the ladies giving me dirty looks when I come in looking for little things that I need. :)

I don't go through nearly that much clay, though.

Question concerning technique;

When preparing to roll out a cane, is she wrapping the entire outside of the cane round in translucent so as to keep the proportions even as she reduces it and make the outer profile easier to deal with while working? This is the technique I see advocated a lot, online, though some people merely form the cane into a geometric shape that is simple enough to work with, rather than round, and store it till they use it like that.

edstreet

Realistically when you are making canes you do go through a lot of clay. The volume is often from the color selection that is out there. Say if I make a cane that is 2 pounds this shipment will make 9 canes. If it's a 3 pound cane then 6 canes. 1 pound canes would be 18 canes.

As for technique goes I know that she developed that method you mentioned and there are several that is used.

Top Bottom