November MN IAP meeting - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > Local Chapters > Minnesota
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2016, 01:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 1

Default November MN IAP meeting

The first meeting of the season will be Saturday Nov 12.

As part or Turn-A-Palooza, the IAP will be meeting at 3:00 PM at Woodcraft in Bloomington. The meeting will be a presentation on the IAP Collection by curator Mark James from OH. Please plan to attend this very special meeting of the MN IAP chapter.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/collection.php

Turn-A-Palooza is an all-day event at Woodcraft, with pen and other turning activities demonstrated throughout the day.

I hope to see everyone there!

Ed
eajacobson is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-30-2016, 11:49 AM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 331

I will also bring materials to do a demo on making the Chevron Blanks if there is time and interest.

http://content.penturners.org/librar...vron_blank.pdf

Friday PM: In Eau Claire (booked)

Sat AM: Woodcraft

SAT PM: St. Cloud (Booked)

Sun PM: St. Cloud (Booked)

Mon AM: Head to Chicago (overnight with my sons).
Wadsworth, Ohio, OH 44281
Like the Midwest Penturners Gathering Facebook Page for all current information!
mark james is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-30-2016, 11:58 AM   #3 (permalink)

Photos: 0

I am thinking Saturday after the Woodcraft show.......we might just do supper in the Twin cities Mark.
That way if the members would like to visit more or ask questions....we can do so.
Sunday is going to be our fun day Mark. I got the whole day planned with options built in for last minute local ideas. (Bring your camera) Going to give you a little tour.

I am so looking forward to this.

"Don't go riding on that long black train."
stonepecker is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 10-31-2016, 01:07 AM   #4 (permalink)

Mark,

Yes, if you would bring the materials for the demo, that would be great. What would you need for equipment at the demo? Lathe? Anything else?

I'll plan to be at Woodcraft at opening on Saturday to help with any setup you might need to do. Actually, I'll probably stop at the store on Friday evening to get things set up. Approximately how big of a counter-top would you like for the display during the day?

I'll also check with the nearby Davani's Pizza and Hoagies to see if their meeting room would be available Saturday evening.

Looking forward to a great, fun time,
Ed
Old 10-31-2016, 08:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

Photos: 331

Quote:
Originally Posted by eajacobson View Post
Mark,

Yes, if you would bring the materials for the demo, that would be great. What would you need for equipment at the demo? Lathe? Anything else?

I'll plan to be at Woodcraft at opening on Saturday to help with any setup you might need to do. Actually, I'll probably stop at the store on Friday evening to get things set up. Approximately how big of a counter-top would you like for the display during the day?

I'll also check with the nearby Davani's Pizza and Hoagies to see if their meeting room would be available Saturday evening.

Looking forward to a great, fun time,
Ed
As for the IAP Collection Display: A 6 foot long area would be perfect, I can make do with less, but it's tight, and I can certainly spread out if it's more.

I won't be doing any turning, so for the demo, just a table. I'll have handouts and all the pieces for the process to make the blanks. The demo should not take more than 30-45 minutes with questions - it's pretty straight-forward.

Thanks for your help.
Wadsworth, Ohio, OH 44281
Like the Midwest Penturners Gathering Facebook Page for all current information!
mark james is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-31-2016, 11:34 AM   #6 (permalink)

Photos: 45

I am planning to be there and will probably have my nearly 4 year old son with me. I don't know how long we'll be staying - depends on how well he behaves and how quickly my wife is itching to get back on the road to head home - especially since I do have to be up early on Sunday morning and we'll also have an 8 month old along.

I am very much looking forward to this! I've met Wayne a couple times and Brian briefly and am looking forward to finally meeting some others.
Sprung is online now   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-31-2016, 12:26 PM   #7 (permalink)

Photos: 0

I may get a chance to get up there, Depends on what else My wife may schedule for me.
Schroedc is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-03-2016, 10:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

Photos: 3

Regrettably, I won't be attending. I have a 4 year-old granddaughter's birthday party to attend out of town. I like you guys well enough, but granddaughter birthday parties take precedent.
Brian G is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-06-2016, 12:27 AM   #9 (permalink)

For after the meeting, I have reserved the party room at the Davanni's at 86th and Lyndale (just six blocks north of Woodcraft). Time starts at 5:30, but I suspect there is some flex room there, if we get done at Woodcraft early. There is no charge for the room, but they do ask that we buy our food there and not bring our own in.

Ed
Old 11-06-2016, 12:28 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian G View Post
Regrettably, I won't be attending. I have a 4 year-old granddaughter's birthday party to attend out of town. I like you guys well enough, but granddaughter birthday parties take precedent.
Brian, sorry you will miss this. Fully understand that family comes first, though. Have a great time at the BD party.
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads