The NEXT Bash.....#15 - Page 3 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > Local Chapters > Minnesota
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2018, 10:23 AM   #21 (permalink)

Photos: 83

Well if you want to say I moved the direction or the tone of the topic go ahead but thought it was relavent. Did not realize one set of contests is changing the world. I knew I was not going to get much support but thought I would throw it out there. I will not come off my beliefs but will concede to all the teachers out there and their quest to make this world a better place. Hope you all are also telling and showing these same kids that war is bad, drugs are bad, racism is bad, lieing is bad, stealing is bad, corruption is bad, as well as many other things. Just doing things fun with kids is not the whole story and there is the dark side, But making pens will cure that so have at it.

Hope to see alot of kids participate in the bash as well as the Summer fun. Hope they also stick around during the year and lets see what they learned from their teachers. Hope it gets to the point where the student becomes the teacher. Knowledge is king. I will now bow out of this and sorry Wayne for taking things down this road. Please continue to do the things that make this a great place. Your work is needed and appreciated. I hope many support your efforts and maybe in a small way the sidetrack brought more attention to your cause. Good luck and see you all at the Bash. Should be a good time.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:09 AM   #22 (permalink)

Photos: 61

A local track posted this today. Thought it was fitting for this thread
Attached Thumbnails
37750658_1950323108339146_7216111357307912192_n.jpg  

Check out my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/EBWoodworx/
EBorraga is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-24-2018, 01:33 PM   #23 (permalink)

Always always scan your audience.
Old 07-29-2018, 11:51 AM   #24 (permalink)

Photos: 3

Just got back in the country but since I am a youth/kid (16 yrs old.) I thought I would add a comment to this thread. While I am sure that adults do add the most to this forum and to the art of penturning, I very much appreciate every opportunity that features young people. I enjoy the hobby and run a semi-successful penturning hobby/business. In many ways it sounds as though my youthful zeal is selling more pens than many of the adults that post here on the forum in general.

I have learned such a tremendous amount from this forum and have appreciated all of those those who have invested their time in the youth.

Thanks to everyone, even JTtheclockman.

PS as far as prizes...I hardly ever play video games or eat at Mcdonalds. The blanks etc. were very much appreciated last time.

PPS: For what it is worth, in reference to the previously mentioned list I do not like war, drugs, and racism and I do believe lying and stealing are bad. And I am thankful for adults who have passed those values on to me.

Last edited by jonjon; 07-29-2018 at 12:17 PM.
jonjon is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-29-2018, 04:14 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjon View Post
Just got back in the country but since I am a youth/kid (16 yrs old.) I thought I would add a comment to this thread. While I am sure that adults do add the most to this forum and to the art of penturning, I very much appreciate every opportunity that features young people. I enjoy the hobby and run a semi-successful penturning hobby/business. In many ways it sounds as though my youthful zeal is selling more pens than many of the adults that post here on the forum in general.

I have learned such a tremendous amount from this forum and have appreciated all of those those who have invested their time in the youth.

Thanks to everyone, even JTtheclockman.

PS as far as prizes...I hardly ever play video games or eat at Mcdonalds. The blanks etc. were very much appreciated last time.

PPS: For what it is worth, in reference to the previously mentioned list I do not like war, drugs, and racism and I do believe lying and stealing are bad. And I am thankful for adults who have passed those values on to me.

Good for you JonJon. Remember one thing we are always here so show us some of the things you have learned and share them with us all. Someone is teaching you well. I will say again read my entire post and do not pick out the things you want to read. Hope to hear from other kids but been here for a long time and the sounds are crickets. Good luck in your ventures.

Last edited by jttheclockman; 07-29-2018 at 04:16 PM.
jttheclockman is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-31-2018, 09:27 AM   #26 (permalink)

I would like to use this last entry by me in this topic area to apologize to Wayne (aka Stonepecker) for taking this topic down a road that should probably be left untravelled. As the young ones say "My Bad" . My comments were misread and taken out of context and swirled around that it got others upset and it was not my intention. I do want it known I like what Wayne and so many others are doing for the youth not only here but outside the walls of this forum. It is the youth of today that will shape our tomorrows. If making a few pens with their parents or other mentors has a positive effect on their minds then I say more is better.

I hope there are more JonJons out there that have taken to the likes of making pens and I do hope they stay and show us some of their work. Do not be afraid to make suggestions or ask for them. That is how we all learn. I hope to see a slew of entries in the contests to come. I also hope that if there are other youngsters that come on board let us know by giving us your age and a little background. It gives the old folks such as myself confidence and satisfaction that this forum is reaching the youth.

So again sorry for any confusion or hard feelings brought on by my post and look forward to seeing our youth step up to the plate. And as they say "Stay in School"
Old 08-03-2018, 06:59 PM   #27 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Ever thought about taking this to the Boy Scouts organization in your area. I know as a former Scout Master I taught several young men some wood working that got them a Merit Badge. Why not try to find your local Troop and see about donating your time and maybe some great expertise. I know the level of expertise in this forum as I see it daily in the work that so many of you are displaying. Youth are our future, especially for us old F#$ts, but I think they need a slight push. JonJon, your an exception. You seem pretty self motivated from what I read, but you're probably one in a few million (although I have seen a couple others in IAP). Keep doing what you're doing and I'm sure we'll hear great things about you in the future. You mentioned you hate racism, drugs and war. What's your solution to just one of these issues? I'd really like to know your honest opinion (PM me). Not a debate, as I have a 17 year old granddaughter that I often have discussion with about on these exact same topics. Sorry for the late post, I just saw this.
wolf creek knives is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-09-2018, 06:38 PM   #28 (permalink)

Photos: 0

pm sent
glenspens is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads