MN 2nd meeting around the corner!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RIPPIN45

Our second meeting will be Sat. June 30th and time TBD! Also did everyone receive the email with our member's list? Looking forward to it!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Iceman

Looks like I missed the new chapter initial meeting. Haven't been on the site in a while. Will try to make the next meeting. Any update yet?

WWAtty

I should be able to make it 6/30. AFAIK, no plans for that weekend.

gingerwood

Unfortunately it looks like the 30th is the only weekend that's going to work for my son's (graduating senior) open house. Tom and I won't be able to make it. (aka Tom would kill me if I skipped out and left him with a house and yard full of teenagers)

RIPPIN45

Next Saturday is the day.

Please confirm you have the address and interested in going to the meeting Sat. June 30th.

Glen Schumann

Did not receive the list, but then I never indicated I wanted to join. Back in March I was on a 4 month RV trip. I would like to be included if possible.
Not sure if I will make the 2nd meeting, but will try.
Thank you.

gingerwood

Tom and I won't be able to make it. :( Got the oldest's grad party to throw. Believe me when I say that I'd much rather be playing with pens.

GRadem

I have been out of the country for the last week.. I thought I might give a threading demo on the big metal lathe when you come. We could turn out a kitless aluminum pen if you would like.

GoatRider

From the address sent to me by email, it appears fairly straightforward on google maps. One question- is it on the east or west of the road?
Also- what time should we show up?

GRadem

I just returned from Quebec and have not been back to work yet. I will check my schedule on Monday and post the time. The driveway is on the west side of the road, it is paved and leads down into the creek bottom. Most of the neighbors know us.

GRadem

Does anyone have preferences for time?.. 11:00 to 1:00 ... 12:30 - 2:30 ? I am open to suggestions. I will be heading to Canada immediately following, so PLEASE let me know who is all coming.

RIPPIN45

Greg; make a call on time!

If you are planning on leaving I am good with a 10:00 amish to noon. either way I will be there.

GRadem

We will set the time at 10AM to noonish then.
Count on about an hour out here from downtown Mpls.
See you at my place on Saturday.

alankulwicki7

I haven't been around much lately because life gets in the way (kids that is!). I was bummed that I missed the first meeting and now I'm going to miss the second one since we'll be burning up in Arizona. Maybe next time!

GoatRider

There were only 4 of us there, probably because it was so far away. But it was great seeing Greg's awesome workshop. We played with his big machine lathe, and practiced cutting threads on a piece of aluminum. Starting from the right, IIRC we did 32 tpi, 12 tpi, and 24 tpi triple-start.

Attachments

• 120630_biglathe.jpg
    120630_biglathe.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 155
  • 120630_threads.jpg
    120630_threads.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 166

gwisher

Hey guys sorry I missed the first couple meetings. I haven't been on the site in a while, we just had our first baby so been pretty busy with that. I haven't turned a pen in probably 6 months!

jetcn1

Hey guys , just wondering when the next meeting will be held and where? I have not been able to attend a meeting yet but would like to try and get to the next one. Thanks , Troy Krueger

Pengizmo

Hello, Minnesotans,

I'm a new member, I live near Lonsdale, MN. I'd like to know if another meeting takes shape. Please add me to the MN roster, I'll be happy to help with coordination.

Larry
Northfield/Lonsdale, MN

Top Bottom