IAP...MN Mar Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eajacobson

Since there is a lot of discussion already on the Jan and Feb threads, I'll get this going here.

From the January meeting, we had everyone able to make Sunday meetings, but it was at a Sunday meeting. There have been some on-line comments about folks interested in attending meetings, but not being able to make Sunday. To see if we can get some others involved, for March I am going to start by looking at Saturday availability of space to meet. If that doesn't work, then Sunday it will have to be.

Also, to try and distribute the driving distances, I am going to start with checking at Rockler in Maplewood for the month.

This is all up in the air at this time - I hope to check on dates and locations this weekend and will post options after I get to stop in and ask at the stores.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Marnat3

I am about half way between these so either works out as distance goes. Right now Sundays are the only day open for me but that usually changes after my sons wrestling season wraps up early March.

endacoz

I will be out of town the 14th - 21st. Taking college students on a missions trip to LA then.

I am headed to Rockler later tonight to pick up some walnut finishing oil.

eajacobson

Finally had time to stop in at Rockler in Maplewood today. They are fairly full with classes and demos on every Saturday. The 14th is truly full. I need to call back on Monday to see if the demos on the 21st are going to need the classroom, or if they are going to be out in the bleacher seating area.

Both Sunday the 15th and the 22st look to be completely open.

I know we were going to try for a Saturday to see if some others could attend that are otherwise busy on Sundays. Should we look to other options for a Saturday in March, or go for a Sunday (assuming that the Saturday the 21st demos would mean we would not be able to get in at Rockler)?

Thanks,
Ed

eajacobson

I did chat with Kim at the Maplewood Rockler. Looks like Saturday there is fully booked. Sundays at our "usual" time should work fine. Or we might be able to check Woodcraft for Saturday openings. Post here if you won't be at the Feb meeting tomorrow. I hop to discuss the March options at the meeting and get it set then.

Thanks,
Ed

stonepecker

We are kind of between a rock and a brick. Yes, we would enjoy having meetings on Saturday. Sadly, the shops have 'paying' classes on these day. So until someone decides to have a meeting at their place/shop/home......Sunday looks to be our only free day.
I hope that this can change in the future. Maybe something to talk about at the March meeting?

eajacobson

March meeting set.

Sunday, March 22.
Social gathering at (or about) 12:00 noon.
Meeting 1:00 to 3:00.
Store closes at 4:00.

Ethan will be giving a demo on turning acrylics and using carbide tools.

Location is Rockler - Maplewood
1872 Beam Ave
Maplewood
651-773-5285
South side of Beam Ave, just west on White Bear Ave

We will be in the classroom. A lathe will be available for the demo.

Ed

endacoz

I just ordered the acrylic (1.5" x 1.5" x 6") I will be using for the demo from Slabs Blanks and Boards - Slabs Blanks and Boards (I love to support IAP vendors!)

They are throwing in a few extra pen blanks in my order that I will be giving away through a small drawing at our meeting. I will not have a freebies for everyone but a few (at least 3 people) will a get a nice surprise.

I have turned acrylics (Poly Resin) from these guys before and the color and sparkle in their pours are amazing, especially for the prices they offer.

I am looking forward to seeing you all in 2 weeks!

eajacobson

Just a reminder that the March meeting is this coming Sunday at Rockler in Maplewood. Social gathering starts at 12:00 Noon, and the meeting starts at 1:00 PM.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there,
Ed

stonepecker

I will be leaving here in two hours to make it to the meeting. The weatherman's prediction of the forcast didn't turn out like it said last night.
So now if he is wrong today........it should be a great meeting.

Top Bottom