IAP...MN Fall Meetig - Page 2 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > Local Chapters > Minnesota
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2015, 03:13 PM   #11 (permalink)

Photos: 45

Even though we'll be just getting back from vacation, I'm hoping to make it to Penapalooza in November, since it's on a Saturday. Can't make it this Sunday - Sundays are perpetually out for me. Someday I'll get to meet some of y'all! (Actually, next week I get to meet Wayne as he's stopping by to pick up some blanks from me when he's on his way through.)
Sprung is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-06-2015, 06:32 PM   #12 (permalink)

Photos: 3

I'm thinking that if we don't have more than two, we should be enjoying the fantastic weather instead.
Brian G is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-07-2015, 12:07 AM   #13 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Sorry, I wont be able to make it on the 11th either. We will be in Austin MN all day.

Do vegetarians eat animal crackers??
Marnat3 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2015, 01:31 AM   #14 (permalink)

Photos: 1

It indeed is looking like only a couple of us. I, too, could use the weather outside, but if there are more that will attend, I will, too. We need to make a go/no-go pick soon.

On a related note, I just got a note from Katherine at Woodcraft today regarding Nov 15th. That would be the Sunday after Penaploosa. What is the feeling of the group - do we want to meet the day after the event? Anyone else have another "kitchen pass" available for a second day that weekend?

Thanks,
Ed
eajacobson is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-08-2015, 01:26 PM   #15 (permalink)

Oct 11 is not an available meeting date at Woodcraft. I hadn't confirmed it in time.

Again, no meeting this weekend.

That also points out that we need to get our act together for November NOW.

Ed
Old 10-09-2015, 12:33 AM   #16 (permalink)

I could get a 2 Day pass for Nov. (I think)

Do vegetarians eat animal crackers??
Marnat3 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-09-2015, 01:29 AM   #17 (permalink)

One other item from Woodcraft - "We do charge a small fee for the room unless you have a Woodcraft employee, who is a member of your association, attending, then it is free."

That is a new one to me. It might have been that Jeff was always setting it up for us anyway, so he knew he would be there. Now that it is more formal (there will be paperwork to sign for the use, too, I believe), it might mean that we will need the employee completely attending the meeting, and not just poking their head in when they can from the sales floor. I'll see if I can stop in and chat direct with either Katherine or Timothy this weekend.

Ed
Old 10-09-2015, 11:18 PM   #18 (permalink)

Photos: 3

I'd prefer the Penapalooza Saturday to be the main event that weekend, and not have a separate meeting on Sunday. I'd show up on Sunday, but just to say hello to everybody.

I'll be in the store tomorrow the 10th, for the Octoberfest sale.
Brian G is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-10-2015, 09:15 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian G View Post
I'd prefer the Penapalooza Saturday to be the main event that weekend, and not have a separate meeting on Sunday. I'd show up on Sunday, but just to say hello to everybody.

I'll be in the store tomorrow the 10th, for the Octoberfest sale.

Wishing I wasn't so busy so I could attend. I will be at Penaplooza and agree that just a quick meeting would be better for everyone. We can decide where and when the next meeting can take place.
I will be talking to the 'powers that be' up here in St. Cloud and see if we could use the club room up here.

Just a heads up. I am taking to a 'well know turner' of the IAP, that has agreed to come to Minnesota one weekend next year. (In the middle of winter even) He will be giving a demo in St. Cloud on a Saturday and then hopefully another demo on Sunday before returning home. When I have more details worked out, I will post more about this.

Enjoy the sale at Woodcraft and the great weather this weekend everyone.

"Don't go riding on that long black train."
stonepecker is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-13-2015, 12:15 AM   #20 (permalink)

I saw at least a couple of you in passing at Oktoberfest on Saturday. What we need to do is make sure we are all represented at Penaplooza on November 14. It's a Saturday, and the schedule for the day is still getting filled out, but it sounds like there might be some new attractions, maybe including some folks not from around here.

Please plan to attend at least a bit of the day - stop by and see what others have been doing and get the season off to a good start.

As for a meeting on Sunday the 15th - so far I think the count is only up to three. Nothing big will be planned (if you have something big, let the folks at Woodcraft know so they can include it in Penaplooza). The Sunday would be to catch up with what people have been doing over the summer, and what we would like to plan for the future meetings. If you would attend a Sunday meeting after Penaplooza, please let me know ASAP. We need to iron out the room reservations soon in order to make this work.

Thanks,
Ed
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads