April meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

endacoz

We had chatted about a date for meeting in April. When did we decide?

Did we still want to see a hybrid burl / alumilite resin casted for the demonstration?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brian G

My memory is that we decided on the 10th, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, a hybrid burl / alumilite resin casting for the demonstration would be great. I don't know whether you'd need to bring an air compressor, though.

eajacobson

April 10th is the date, though I don't have the paperwork back from Woodcraft yet.

Plan had been to open for social gathering at 10:30, set up for casting at 12:00 (is that right, Ethan?), and be packing up about 3:30.

Ed

eajacobson

Can you check and see if they have an aircompressor I can use.

And 1 lathe for the turning portion.

Ethan,

I just sent a note in to ask about the equipment. If they are going to charge, I can see about bringing in my 1014. I know I can't get my air compressor out (and it would need 220V to run, anyway). Would you be able to bring a compressor, if need be (I'm not sure they have one).

Ed

endacoz

I have at least one other IAP person coming. YouTube woodworker Dema!

I have a 20 gallon air compressor that can fit in my car if it needs to.

Demo to start at 12 sounds good to me.

eajacobson

Room and lathe are confirmed for Sunday.

Ethan, no air compressor at the store, so if you can bring yours, that would be great.

Also, you'll need to sign a waiver for use of the lathe.

Ed

stonepecker

HEY......... I will be able to make that date.

I can bring brownies.........:biggrin:

can you check with those carbide Cutters and see if they're interested in coming

I am looking to see if they are free this weekend but the word is that they will be at a party till late Saturday night. Something about ropes and blindfolds was mentioned. If all goes well, I will roll them into the backend of the van and maybe they will sleep the whole way down. If that happen, then they will be your problem. Keep your fingers crossed.

First, I have to get the handcuffs on them......lol :rolleyes: (No Bob.......just the plain handcuffs!)

I will do the best that I can for you Ethan.
:biggrin:

Last edited:

eajacobson

HEY......... I will be able to make that date.

I can bring brownies.........:biggrin:

can you check with those carbide Cutters and see if they're interested in coming

I am looking to see if they are free this weekend but the word is that they will be at a party till late Saturday night. Something about ropes and blindfolds was mentioned. If all goes well, I will roll them into the backend of the van and maybe they will sleep the whole way down. If that happen, then they will be your problem. Keep your fingers crossed.

First, I have to get the handcuffs on them......lol :rolleyes: (No Bob.......just the plain handcuffs!)

I will do the best that I can for you Ethan.
:biggrin:

Wayne,

Any chance that some lilac blanks will be involved, too? :)

Thanks,
Ed

eajacobson

Room and lathe are confirmed for Sunday.

Ethan, no air compressor at the store, so if you can bring yours, that would be great.

Also, you'll need to sign a waiver for use of the lathe.

Ed

Well, after further consideration, the lathe is not available, either. Not a matter of price, but we would need, at a minimum, insurance coverage ourselves. More on this Sunday (or if anyone wants to PM me, and I'll give you a rundown).

Ed

endacoz

can I bring my own lathe? I can get activity insurance for myself through my work, would that be okay? Of course I'm not sure if I can get it by tomorrow.

eajacobson

can I bring my own lathe? I can get activity insurance for myself through my work, would that be okay? Of course I'm not sure if I can get it by tomorrow.

Ethan,

For now, we shouldn't plan to use any power tools. The air compressor, I think will be fine, just nothing in terms of a lathe, drill, etc. Ours or theirs.

Again, we can all chat more about this at the meeting.

Ed

stonepecker

What a great meeting. Lots if information passing between members.
Thank you Ethan for the blank and for the 'leftover' from the cup.

I am so looking forward to next fall when I can get back to the turning.
Work calls now........but anyone can message me here. Just give me some time to answer as I might be out of state working my business.

Happy Spring everyone.
Wayne

geffre

Is there a May date? I have not been able to make any of the other dates because I, one live in Glyndon MN, and two teach school. I sure would like to some to a meeting at some time.
Brian Geffre

eajacobson

Brian,

Sorry, no May meeting - not enough folks were going to be available any one day.

Also, no planned meetings over the summer, though, if we can get someone interested in organizing a picnic, that is in the "plans".

Next regular meeting is aimed for the fall and the Pen-a-palooza event Woodcraft puts on - usually in November, I believe.

Ed

Top Bottom