Let's convince MesquiteMan to drive up for the MPG2012

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

low_48

I have invited Curtis to come up to Bloomington, IL for the Midwest Penturners Gathering in April. He's currently on the fence, and I can't blame him. It will cost him some real gas money for the trip. Personally, I would like to see his casting equipment, stabilizing techniques, casting materials, and talk him into a demo or two. This could be a really nice opportunity to learn about casting. So if you feel the same, please drop him an private message and ask him to make the trip. Now if you would also mention that you want to buy a 55 gallon drum of Alumilite or Cactus Juice, I bet that would help too! LOL! Okay, maybe a gallon and save some shipping costs. How about it folks?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
San Marcos to Bloomington is just a tad more than 1000 miles. That's nothing to a Texan.

thewishman

How about if we each order a few blanks and have him use the shipping money to buy gas instead? How many small flat-rate boxes would it take to fuel the MesquiteMan's rig on a 2,000 mile round trip?

What kind of mileage do you get, Curtis?

alphageek

Former Moderator
How about if we each order a few blanks and have him use the shipping money to buy gas instead? How many small flat-rate boxes would it take to fuel the MesquiteMan's rig on a 2,000 mile round trip?

What kind of mileage do you get, Curtis?

Thats a ROUGH way to get him there, but in theory possible... Doing the ballpark math.
2000 miles
assume 20 MPG
100 gallons of gas
ballpark 3.50 a gallon
$350 in gas
at $5 per flat rate thats......
70 people need to order stuff for him to deliver :)

However... The better answer is that Curtis COULD deliver/sell some stuff and write off the mileage on his taxes! Between the mileage and everyone paying him to "ship" to them, it could come out as a positive!!

bitshird

Not to steal the thread, but if Andrew is still with me, and my surgeon says it's OK I'm going to make it this year, it's kind if scary being stuck in a room of pen turners but Since drank the whiskey, skinned the Eskimo, all that's left all I have to do is find the Kodiak bear I'm supposed to have relations with.!!! If I get all of it done I guess that makes me man enough to face a bunch of pen turners. (I may go for seconds with the bear)!!!
I just hope she's pretty.

shadetree_1

We are in for 10 gallons of gas, send us your paypal Curtis ! (Seriously if Curtis wants to go, we are in. ) All of you folks on IAP have been GREAT to us and we would like to give a little back !!

ANYBODY ELSE ?

Joe and Linda

John Pratt

If he packs some blanks and stops through Lawton, OK, I would be happy to make his wallet a little thicker as he passes through. (maybe pick up a few tips as well.)

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
One thing y'all are forgetting is it's about a 17 hr drive one way. I think you should factor in a hotel and meals both ways.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

thewishman

One thing y'all are forgetting is it's about a 17 hr drive one way. I think you should factor in a hotel and meals both ways.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

...so if it takes 17 hours each way for 1 person... That means that if 2 guys drive together, it would only take them 8.5 hours each way. Right?:tongue:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Not to steal the thread, but if Andrew is still with me, and my surgeon says it's OK I'm going to make it this year, it's kind if scary being stuck in a room of pen turners but Since drank the whiskey, skinned the Eskimo, all that's left all I have to do is find the Kodiak bear I'm supposed to have relations with.!!! If I get all of it done I guess that makes me man enough to face a bunch of pen turners. (I may go for seconds with the bear)!!!
I just hope she's pretty.

Let me know if you guys decide to make the trip. I could meet you guys for some grub when you come through Louisville. Then hit the road to Illinois.

Top Bottom