Zip code?? Please answer the poll--THANKS!! Ed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Would you be willing to tell IAP your zip code?

• Yes, I would love to meet other penturners.

Votes: 294 96.7%
  • No--good luck finding me!

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I got a better idea, which I have explained in the thread!

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I added my zip in the USERCP profile... how about just making that a requirement to register.... along with more of the pertinent information, full name, city and state (or province and country), etc.... none of this information is really secure on the web anymore anyway. If you are on the
web and not a part of the witness protection program, you can be found.

I belong to another ww forum that doesn't allow screen names...

walshjp17

Hey, folks. We appreciate your willingness to give out your Zip Codes, but PLEASE add the Zip Code to your profile and not this thread. Adding it to your profile makes it searchable by the Zip Code field. Adding it here only makes it searchable if you are searching for a specific Zip Code.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
We now have NEARLY 600 member zips!!!!

With the upcoming addition of a couple chapters, we will try to use this to advise you that a chapter is forming NEAR you!!

We shall see how well it works!!!

Thanks to all who have participated and we encourage EVERYONE to put your Zip code in your profile, so we can help you find other members in YOUR area!!!
Ed

darrin1200

Hey, folks. We appreciate your willingness to give out your Zip Codes, but PLEASE add the Zip Code to your profile and not this thread. Adding it to your profile makes it searchable by the Zip Code field. Adding it here only makes it searchable if you are searching for a specific Zip Code.

I went looking through the Members List advanced search and could not find the zip code field as a search parameter.

Is there somewhere else that it is located?

Thanks

walshjp17

Click on 'User CP' in the blue bar, select 'Edit Your Details' on the left side of the screen and then scroll to the bottom.

flyitfast

I think this is a great idea and should reveal some member groupings on a map where a new chapter would help a lot of folks.
Maybe it has been asked in this thread, but I haven't seen it yet.
I can see where the ZIP is entered but why doesn't it show in the on-screen avtar profile?
Also, I plan to do some traveling this fall and how do I search profiles for ZIP to look for members around the country?
Maybe the ZIP can also be added to the avtar shown on each post to see who lives in your "neighborhood". Texas is a big state with a lot of members. I don't always recognize their city or its location. The ZIP would help locate members. San Antonio area has over 70 zip codes. (I didn't know that until I just looked it up :confused:)
Alamo Penturners just became a new Chapter and we want to grow. Hopefully, adding ZIP will help.
Thanks
gordon

Mike Powell

Ha for the next six to eight months you can find me in Afghanistan, for about 6 months after that, Valdosta Ga, 31605, about this time next year, League City Tx, 77597 (I think)

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I think this is a great idea and should reveal some member groupings on a map where a new chapter would help a lot of folks.
Maybe it has been asked in this thread, but I haven't seen it yet.
I can see where the ZIP is entered but why doesn't it show in the on-screen avtar profile?
Also, I plan to do some traveling this fall and how do I search profiles for ZIP to look for members around the country?
Maybe the ZIP can also be added to the avtar shown on each post to see who lives in your "neighborhood". Texas is a big state with a lot of members. I don't always recognize their city or its location. The ZIP would help locate members. San Antonio area has over 70 zip codes. (I didn't know that until I just looked it up :confused:)
Alamo Penturners just became a new Chapter and we want to grow. Hopefully, adding ZIP will help.
Thanks
gordon

When we started collecting zip codes, the stated purpose was for the Chapter Development Team to discover areas where the concentration of members might suggest a new chapter.

We've told members that the data would not be visible to members.

attachment.php

Making that searchable is a one-click change, but I don't believe we can do that without changing that disclaimer and starting over. Other suggestions welcome.

Attachments

• profilezip.JPG
    profilezip.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 320

bruce119

Can we make a map that pins each zip code/member. I mean that wouldn't pin point an individual just give you a general location.

Pros....knowing who is close maybe meeting someone great for newbies and old timers.

Cons....Well can't really think of any except that individual that just don't want to be bothered by anyone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom