Zip code?? Please answer the poll--THANKS!! Ed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Would you be willing to tell IAP your zip code?

• Yes, I would love to meet other penturners.

Votes: 294 96.7%
  • No--good luck finding me!

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I got a better idea, which I have explained in the thread!

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BSea

Hmmmmm. I just noticed that the poll is to find out public information . . . . . . (X-Files music in the background) . . . . . . But the results are hidden.:eek:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
There IS a reason for that, Bob!

I believe that seeing poll results, before you vote, can influence HOW you might vote.
Wanna know how it's going, pm me and I will tell you (after you've voted):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Russknan

Just to clarify, Jeff is considering putting a field in the "personal profile" which would allow YOU to put your zip code in and allow Jeff (and whomever he delegates) to sort by that zip code to help us establish "chapters" (or at least determine that there is no interest in a "neighborhood").

So, you don't need to give us your zip code here (where it is kind of public). When he asks for it, it will only be "mostly private".

He'll, I don't care either way. 10954 (lower Hudson Valley, NY). Russ

BSea

I believe that seeing poll results, before you vote, can influence HOW you might vote.
Wanna know how it's going, pm me and I will tell you (after you've voted):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Oh I don't really care that the results are hidden. I was just having a little fun. That's why the x-files reference.:wink:

Are you sure they are hidden? It shows me all results.

Levi Woodard
Woodardwoodworks.com

Sent from my rooted Galaxy player

Russianwolf

While I don't think you were asking for it right now but 35226

Yep, he didn't ask for it, but I figured the easiest way to answer was by putting up a random 5 digit number. :eek: Everyone else kinda went with the flow. :biggrin:

okay, it was my real zip.

Ed, I wasn't suggesting that people google to find members close to them (and getting all the junk that entails due to the two letter abbreviations). Just that in my sig is "Martinsburg WV" which would take 2 seconds to google the zip for if you didn't know it. So privacy isn't a big issue for me.

alphageek

Former Moderator

Are you sure they are hidden? It shows me all results.

Levi Woodard
Woodardwoodworks.com

Sent from my rooted Galaxy player

I would LOVE to see a screen shot of that. Because I'm pretty sure that they are hidden, and if they aren't thats something to hunt down.

GoodTurns

I would LOVE to see a screen shot of that. Because I'm pretty sure that they are hidden, and if they aren't thats something to hunt down.

Android phones show poll results...Jeff commented on it quite a while ago, something to do with the different display programming.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Sending PM

Android phones show poll results...Jeff commented on it quite a while ago, something to do with the different display programming.

Thanks guys.. I guess it's a Forum runner issue too... I guess Jeff knew, but I missed that thread. Geek in me had my curiosity up (for the how the results were being seen, not the actual results of this pole).

Russianwolf

you can have my zip code or my name but not both. You can find me with just my name and you can't find me with no name and just a zip code, so what ever a person wants let them do it.

Your name and city state are in your profile. Bet I can find you in two seconds. Zip code not included.:wink:

If you don't want to be found, better hide one or the other.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
you can have my zip code or my name but not both. You can find me with just my name and you can't find me with no name and just a zip code, so what ever a person wants let them do it.

IF you want to remain anonymous, that is your prerogative. The "chapter" program is completely voluntary--just as the IAP is voluntary. Take out what you wish and put back in as little or as much as you choose.

Ed
Chapter steering committee

29360 I would like to know IAP placement around me. Don't deserve it if I don't contribute. Thanks for doing this. Will satisfy at least one of my wishes.

Last edited:

cnccutter

i don't have any troubles with giving a zip. one of my on going concerns has always been people don't give a basic location of where they are. kind of hard knowing if you might be able to help them if you don't know if they are 5 miles from you or 3000.

97434 two dogs a cat and a closed gas station :biggrin:

Erik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom