What plating should I use on Eagle's blank?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

What plating on the Baron should I use for Eagle's blank???

• Sterling Silver

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Copper

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Black Titanium

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Gold Titanium

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Platinum

Votes: 27 47.4%

• Total voters

redfishsc

1_Cross4.jpg
Here is the blank I won from the raffle. The pen will be a modified Baron fountain (can't say exactly how I'm going to modify it just yet!).

However, BOW is one of those woods that looks great with most any plating.

Here is a poll: you tell me which plating I should use. Consider the red: I'm thinking copper or platinum.

Either way this pen will be a display pen so I am not afraid of the durability of copper if I go that way.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mick

Just MHO but everytime I make an Olivewood pen I go through the different platings.....and always come back to Black Ti or Rhodium and Black Ti depending on the kit.For some reason I think it looks better with the Olivewood.

redfishsc

Wow, lots of folks going with the platinum, even though I tried to sway them by putting copper in italics (I actually didn't mean to do that but that's what I got...)

alphageek

Former Moderator
I didn't vote in the poll... Since this blank will be 1 of a kind (since the odds of getting another is nearing zero - I'd suggest something like platinum or Ti. I'd be afraid of the copper plating due to mixed lifespan review.

redfishsc

Well, y'all convinced me. I was originally going to use copper or sterling, but I think platinum is the better choice, likely will prove more durable. I just ordered the platinum Baron FP.

Thanks for voting everyone!

Top Bottom