• 2.JPG

Votes: 61 23.9%
  • 3.JPG

Votes: 35 13.7%

• Total voters

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
The judges have narrowed to 15. They are not in any particular order. You are voting for your 4 favorite pens. The voting will end in 7 days. If there is a tie, we will have a 2 day vote off.

This may take a few minutes to get loaded, so please wait till all pics are up

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

In Memoriam
The box to vote is above each pen, except 1, which is to the left of it.

Please vote for 4 pens, which are the 4 that you like the most.
The random drawing will be held when the final votes are in.
Thanks again Curtis for straightening me out!!

Last edited:

seamus7227

How many brew ha ha's you put down so far?! oh, and I voted too! I want to say thank you to all the entrants and everyone else that participated.

ohiococonut

Just voted. All I can say is WOW! I am impressed.
It's just too bad you have to pick only four. I think they are ALL winners.

bitshird

I just voted and it was a hard choice, I've never seen the variety and talent of this years contest. The bar just got raised a long way from the simple cartridge case with a slimline nib and an antler top, to some amazing and quite artistic pens. Congratulations to everyone that entered..

65GTMustang

Are any of the other entries considered for anything?
Or is it only down to the judges pick?
To be honest I was not expecting an elimination round?
Did I miss something when reading the rules in the beginning?

Last edited:

G1Pens

Are any of the other entries considered for anything?
Or is it only down to the judges pick?
To be honest I was not expecting an elimination round?
Did I miss something when reading the rules in the beginning?

I also questioned this. To the best of my knowledge there was nothing in the rules about a "judges selection"

I think we are still in the drawing from all entries....at least I hope we are.

Last edited:

D.Oliver

15 might be the maximum choices the poll funtion allows. If you look at the Test 1-2-3 fourm Ernie was having some "glitches" yesterday.

65GTMustang

I was a last minute entry in fact it may have been the last one posted at 11:00pm -IDK-
But I worked about 16 - 18 hours on my desk set. Aside from turning the barrel of the revolver cylinder everything else was hand carved it was a loot of work and what I thought was very creative? Everyone has an opinion.
It just a major let down is all.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I was a last minute entry in fact it may have been the last one posted at 11:00pm -IDK-
But I worked about 16 - 18 hours on my desk set. Aside from turning the barrel of the revolver cylinder everything else was hand carved it was a loot of work and what I thought was very creative? Everyone has an opinion.

First off this is only an observation. I have no "dog in the fight", as I did not enter.

I did look back to your original posting of your entry. You even stated "As for the Casing Contest the desk top holder may not be just what makes the grade". This leads me to believe you already suspected the possibility that this was a casing PEN challenge not a Desk Holder challenge and your entry may be suspect to being judged differently than you might wish.

Now I know that your desk set does contain casing pens and was most likely judged on the pens not the holder. It was an awesome work of art but possibly not the best entry based on the PEN(s) involved. Having ran the Freestyle contest during the Bash(Twice), I completely understand how hard it can be to see awesome entries not win due in part to the specifics of what the contest is all about. This post is only to give you a possible scenario as to why you are disappointed with the outcome. It is my sole opinion and you paid nothing for it so feel free to discard it if you wish.

Landon

Rick_G

I voted, 2 jumped right out at me the next 2 were harder. Great job by all who entered, glad I don't have to be the sole judge.

Glad to see you got the poll working correctly, now write down exactly what you did for the next guy that has to do this.

EBorraga

In Memoriam
152 people have voted so far. It would be nice to see 500+ vote. We still have roughly 4 days left to cast your vote.

65GTMustang

First off this is only an observation. I have no "dog in the fight", as I did not enter.

I did look back to your original posting of your entry. You even stated "As for the Casing Contest the desk top holder may not be just what makes the grade". This leads me to believe you already suspected the possibility that this was a casing PEN challenge not a Desk Holder challenge and your entry may be suspect to being judged differently than you might wish.

Now I know that your desk set does contain casing pens and was most likely judged on the pens not the holder. It was an awesome work of art but possibly not the best entry based on the PEN(s) involved. Having ran the Freestyle contest during the Bash(Twice), I completely understand how hard it can be to see awesome entries not win due in part to the specifics of what the contest is all about. This post is only to give you a possible scenario as to why you are disappointed with the outcome. It is my sole opinion and you paid nothing for it so feel free to discard it if you wish.

Landon

I was not the only one that mentioned this on or off the thread,
I was only asking a question. I was not making this a personal "thing" out of this. I held no personal thoughts or feelings towards it, simply asking a question.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom