• 66 - 80

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • over 80...good going !!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DocStram

36-55
Ohhhh ... Now THAT explains why there is always whining and bellyaching about one thing or another in IAP! We have too many kids here .... in the 36-55 group! ;) We need more of us geezers to help keep the place calm. [:0]

Divnbrian

Thanks for making the 36-55 range!
I turned 46 yesterday and in most surveys, that normally puts me into an OLDER group.
I would like to say that I am aging like fine wine, but I have a feeling that I am starting to turn into vinager!:D

Fred

Thought I would chime in here and brag a bit ... I am 59, dating a 35 year ole beautiful lady whom I have been with for going on 18 years ... maybe that explaines the recent stroke I had in my sleep Dec 30. I might add that SHE is the reason I ain't flat of my back in the hospital. I have to catch her before someone else tries to take my place ...

Fred

gmcnut

Hi all,

I will be 48 this summer. Between my wife and I we have seven kids and four grandkids. Our kids are old enough now that some of them are beginning to think that we have wisdom again.

alxe24

I'm on the second group till December. Lately I feel like the 80's group I got this bad something that is going arround. I feel like a punching bag.
Alex

philland

"Just made it into the 21-35 category.... why do old people monopolize pen turning and woodworking? =)"

I don't know about these other old guys, but when I was just making it into the 21 - 35 age group, I was not very interested in any exotic wood, only exotic girls[}:)];)[:0]

OKLAHOMAN

Must have past this thread up on purpose...over 60 under 70 and most times feel 50 except when I feel 80.

THarvey

Originally posted by Tuba707

Just made it into the 21-35 category.... why do old people monopolize pen turning and woodworking? =)

Joel,

Be nice to us "old" guys. We helped pay for your college. Remember??? :D

IPD_Mrs

Originally posted by DocStram

36-55
Ohhhh ... Now THAT explains why there is always whining and bellyaching about one thing or another in IAP! We have too many kids here .... in the 36-55 group! ;) We need more of us geezers to help keep the place calm. [:0]

Maybe what you "old geezers" need is more of us "kids" to liven up your worlds a bit more ;)

great12b4ever

quote:
Originally posted by DocStram

36-55
Ohhhh ... Now THAT explains why there is always whining and bellyaching about one thing or another in IAP! We have too many kids here .... in the 36-55 group! We need more of us geezers to help keep the place calm.

Hey Doc I agree with you and I am one of the slightly older geezers, but just barely
I am on the downside of 58, at least until June, so only 1 year left until I can withdraw from my IRA's, BUT Sometimes my mind tells me I am 40 and can do the things I used to do, but when I try them, my body decides to take a rest and I wind up visiting with a lot of nurses and such :D:D. Now the times that I feel older well my body then responds by putting my brain to sleep claiming nap time.

Rob

Armacielli

WooooHoooo
I'm 1/4 of the 0-20 population!
yeah perhaps the rest of you guys should consider looking for your rest homes. I already picked out my mother's(44) and I point it out every time we drive by.
"There it is, Mom, better go pick out your room now before the other folks beat u to them!"

MikeyMike

I might be old as dirt, but don't let that stop ya from advertising with some cuties.

palmermethod

Originally posted by Tuba707

.... why do old people monopolize pen turning and woodworking? =)

Speaking for myself, when we had kids at home we were very active outdoors. Hiking, picnics, shopping, bikes etc. As they got into their teens they were more active with their friends. And the parents (us) did more relaxing activities. Dinner, movies, friends visits, travel etc. ANd during the winters here in Colorado we did fewer outdoor activities. I mainly hang around the house and boredom drove me to take up hobbies. Woodworking is my favorite.

I took up penturning since I don't need to wrestle large plywood sheets and heavy lumber to the basement shop anymore. Pen blanks are just about the right size for me now. And standing in front of the lathe is comfortable and relaxing. Occasionally I even get to enjoy that special feeling and noise of a sharp tool perfectly working wood. Not very often but it motivates me.

Plus EVERY OLD GUY needs a hobby. Retirement can be hard to handle especially for those corporate workaholic types. Develop your hobbys early and enjoy your golden(?) years.

negid

Originally posted by palmermethod

Plus EVERY OLD GUY needs a hobby. Retirement can be hard to handle especially for those corporate workaholic types. Develop your hobbys early and enjoy your golden(?) years.

I'm only 25 and this is the reason I picked up penturning. You see way too many old timers retiring and not knowing what to do with themselves and just rotting away.

Verne

December 26, 1940, do the math. If I had known I was going to live so long I would have taken better care of myself.
Vern

Tom McMillan

Well, I really started woodworking at 23 by making a wood strip canoe. I've done a lot of different woodworking projects since, and probably started woodturning in my early 40's and now I'm 62. It can be a transition for all you young guys who find this incredible loooove!!!! Hopefully, the young fellows will get their priorities straight!!!:D

Top Bottom