Pictures for Websites

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

What colour background do you prefer to see on websites?

• Black

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • White

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Pattern

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other

Votes: 14 34.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DavidSpavin

I think it depends on the subject. A plain background is essential so as to make the subject the main focus of the picture but the colour is dependent on the subject. e.g. If you have a black pen you dont want a black background.:)

el_d

I personally like a nice clean background. No distractions, nothing busy.

When I started I used props but ended up with just plain background, to each their own.

cnccutter

I agree that complex background are usually bad. I want to be able toe see what I am buying easy. it also works in reverse that I want people to see what I am selling. they don't buy the back ground.

Erik

hasha2000

I like black for most backgrounds, but that's the background of the whole page. As for the Pictures, you are going to want a color that complements the subject.

toolcrazy

As a web designer (former). I'm a big proponent of consistency. If the background of the website is white, I try and always use white background to my pen photography. But my biggest issue, up until a couple months ago, was getting white balance correct. So I resorted to grey. Now that I have learned much more about my DSLR I am gonna switch all my photos to white.

The only exception to this may be my lighter pens that sometimes look much better on black. The only issue with black is dust. It is near impossible to get a clean photo. Which then involves a lot of post editing. Novus 1 plastic polish helps too.

Top Bottom