Votes: 43 30.9%
  • Woodturner (who makes pens)

Votes: 33 23.7%
  • Something else

Votes: 25 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jjudge

How do you think of yourself: Penmaker, Penturner, Woodturner, or something else?

I know some of us have come from woodturning, and got caught up in this addiction.
Others have come at this with a pen focus from the beginning.
I don't know if this factors into how we view ourselves.

But, I thought I'd ask: Are we -makers, -turners, or what?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

When I "Turned" wood to make kit pens I considered myself a penturner , but now I think of myself as a "Penmaker" since I am directly involved with making almost all of the parts for my pens .

Daniel

I am a woodworker and all around crafts person that found pen turning. sort of got stuck here at least for a while. I don't consider I am a Pen Maker, That is for the people that have to break out the micrometer and stuff to get the job done.

cozee

I am a wood butcher who happened to find yet another way to destroy a prefectly good piece of wood!

I read in a magazine one time that when you make the jump from just turning woods you can get and throwing them on kits you have to hand selecting everything and carefully selecting each component of your pen, from the ink to the nib, and building the pen bottom up as a piece of art, you make the jump from pen turner to pen maker.

That might not have made a lot of sense, but I thought it was relevant.

guts

I consider myself a pen maker,although I don't make all the parts for the pens I make,after I finish making a pen,I'm a penturner,I hold it my hand and turn it to see how it looks all the way around.

GouletPens

Since I know that anyone in the PMG would string you up in a tree if you unjustly call yourself a penmaker, I know I'm a pen turner. I make closed end stuff, do all kinds of laminations, laser engraving, gilding, patination, casting, etc. I'm not hung up on the label. Heck, its most important that I'm a pen seller or I can't afford to turn or make or craft anything!

bruce119

I do say an artist. I make interactive art that you can show and use. I have a few unique things also. I give with the pen a small card numbered and signed by me the artist with a description with each pen I sell. People like that.

Bruce

Top Bottom