Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

polarbear1

put me on the list for over 100, I'm guessing you will have lots more members who have made over 100 then under, maybe to simplify you should do random, I'm in either way.

Update as of July 29, 1:00 PM EDT (I can't edit the original post)

So far for the "newer" list I have:

rherrel
MLKWoodWorking
Mrs. MLKWookWorking
ericw95
Texatdurango
txbatons
dalemcginnis
pentex
barkisini
GaryMGg
CSue
kcordon
MarkHix
PTJeff
edman2
Poppy
Narwhale
EeyorIs21
TBone
RonSchmitt
d01phn1vr
-------------
21 "newer" turners

For the "seasoned" list I have:

Blind Squirrel
exoticwo
CaptG
ashaw
skiprat
cigarman
jtate
doddman70
JohnStout
mick
Jim15
fiferb
ken69912001
clthayer
polarbear1
barrels
Verne
grumps
smoky10
-------------
19 "seasoned" turners

That gives us a total of 40 individuals. Let's keep the thread open until the 1st of August and see what we come up with for totals.

Texatdurango

I'm surprised that some of the more well known members aren’t participating in this. Perhaps they have done these swaps before, too many times, and have a drawer full of Junkers made by us beginners! [:)]

exoticwo

Seems to me that if you get the same people doing the same thing all the time it might get boring for them and the rest of us. Variety is the Spice of Life!
Having a new group of people interacting in a Swap is a good sign that this site is looked at and keeps turners interested in whats going on. (Translate to Successful)
Hopefully that proverbial drawer of Junkers is not too full, I got a couple of mine to add!

Originally posted by Texatdurango
<br />I'm surprised that some of the more well known members aren’t participating in this. Perhaps they have done these swaps before, too many times, and have a drawer full of Junkers made by us beginners! [:)]

bobskio2003

I don't consider myself an "old-timer" quite yet but it was entirely by accident that I looked back at this thread. The last time I looked at it it was just a poll. I think you may be missing people just because they don't know there is a pen swap going on. You can put me down in the "over" 100 group.

wudnhed

I'm a little over 100 but feel my work looks under 100 so put me on the cusp.

Just another option. You can also put everyone's name in alphabetical order. Then start from the top, 1 sends to 2 - 2 sends to 3 - 3 sends to 4 and so on. The last person on the list sends to the first person. Just another option.

Anyway, I'm in!

its_virgil

If it isn't too late I'll participate. I just did #101[:D] so I suppose I'm now a veteran. Put me in the oldies group.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Blind_Squirrel
<br />It looks to me like we have enough to make this a go! I will crunch the numbers and post matches tomorrow. [:)]

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
<br />It looks to me like we have enough to make this a go! I will crunch the numbers and post matches tomorrow. [:)]

[}:)] Excuse me but, not only is it tomorrow already, but in 45 mins it will be the next day[}:)][:D] At midnight I turn into a pumpkin, so I catch up tomorrow.

PS Thanks for doing this Scott, I'm sure we'll all have fun[:D]

neon007

I wanted to know if there any guidelines??? Such as: a kit everyone sticks with or is it a free for all??? Are we gonna stick to wood or do castings to??? I know some people only like wood. Just wondering? Thanks.

Stevej72

If you have an odd number of people and need an extra person you can put me in over 100. If not I know I'm late in replying and will get in next time.

Originally posted by skiprat
<br />

[}:)] Excuse me but, not only is it tomorrow already, but in 45 mins it will be the next day[}:)][:D] At midnight I turn into a pumpkin, so I catch up tomorrow.

PS Thanks for doing this Scott, I'm sure we'll all have fun[:D]

Sorry about not posting sooner. I still have people PMing me wanting to be added to the list. I would hate to exclude anyone.

Originally posted by neon007
<br />I wanted to know if there any guidelines??? Such as: a kit everyone sticks with or is it a free for all??? Are we gonna stick to wood or do castings to??? I know some people only like wood. Just wondering? Thanks.

The details will be left up to you and your swap partner. I will post the matches, then it will be up to you and your match partner to work out details (Pen types, materials, addresses, etc.)

I am going to post the matches in a seperate forum and post a link on this thread to it. I need to PM Jeff and see where he would like me to put the details of the swap.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JayDevin

<br />My idea is not a PITH swap, but an actual pen swap (A makes for B, B makes for A).

If there is enough interest I would be willing to run it.
Add Me to the over list please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom