Pen Kit Price ranges. - Page 2 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members
 
Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Polls, Surveys, and Votes
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Polls, Surveys, and Votes Find out what the penturners of the world really think!


Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

View Poll Results: What is the range of low priced to you
0 to $4.99 23 20.54%
0 to $6.99 41 36.61%
0 to $9.99 37 33.04%
0 to $19.99 or even higher 11 9.82%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2015, 11:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
 
edstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: No longer confused....
Photos: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty37 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by edstreet View Post
This 'poll' is not going to be accurate at all nor catch the bulk of the users. Not that I see anyways unless your goal is to capture only a small select arena.

low priced for what exactly? A low priced sterling silver pen kit? How about a low priced slimline? A low priced fountain pen with an 18kt gold nib that's over $200 for the nib alone?

Relative and need more data to do any polling on this one.
Assume the question asked is the one to answer.

If I wanted to know what members think a low priced sterling silver pen kit or low price fountain pen is, that is what I would have asked.

But you did not specify anything of value, ambiguity being the proper word here I do believe. So many will not know how to answer this one. I am not trying to be rude or call you out or anything like that but I am just at a loss as to what is the meaning as the part of the equation that yields value is missing.
__________________
Anyone can COPY, it takes a *TRUE ARTIST* to CREATE

-- In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

Design your own Polymer Clay Pen Blanks by Toni, Detailed 'CA' Article
edstreet is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-03-2015, 11:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Milford, Delaware 19963
Posts: 12,822
Photos: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edstreet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty37 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by edstreet View Post
This 'poll' is not going to be accurate at all nor catch the bulk of the users. Not that I see anyways unless your goal is to capture only a small select arena.

low priced for what exactly? A low priced sterling silver pen kit? How about a low priced slimline? A low priced fountain pen with an 18kt gold nib that's over $200 for the nib alone?

Relative and need more data to do any polling on this one.
Assume the question asked is the one to answer.

If I wanted to know what members think a low priced sterling silver pen kit or low price fountain pen is, that is what I would have asked.

But you did not specify anything of value, ambiguity being the proper word here I do believe. So many will not know how to answer this one. I am not trying to be rude or call you out or anything like that but I am just at a loss as to what is the meaning as the part of the equation that yields value is missing.
Read the OP again, carefully, then look at the question asked and the possible answers.

You should then realize that the type of pen kit, or even the kind of kit you usually buy or how much you usually spend is irrelevant to the question asked.

So far you seem to be the only one who didn't figure that out.
__________________
Smitty37
Passing from this life is not the end - it's the beginning
.
Smitty37 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-04-2015, 12:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
 
BSea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas
Posts: 4,545
Photos: 40

Default

I voted 0 to $9.99.
__________________
Bob

Central Arkansas IAP Chapter Member
BSea is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2015, 12:05 AM   #14 (permalink)
 
edstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: No longer confused....
Photos: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty37 View Post
I think it would be interesting to know where in the total range of kits,, low priced kits begin and end. Asking about kits only (not blanks)
Total range of kits to my knowledge runs from pennies to right over $3,000 (that was a quote I got about a month ago, don't ask)

Low priced in that regards makes a $200 kit look low priced.

Second case, the high $ gold nibs on a kit, the nib alone is around $200. The kit total cost is rather up there and not listed on the scale to vote on.
__________________
Anyone can COPY, it takes a *TRUE ARTIST* to CREATE

-- In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

Design your own Polymer Clay Pen Blanks by Toni, Detailed 'CA' Article
edstreet is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-04-2015, 12:43 AM   #15 (permalink)
 
CREID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver, wa
Photos: 32

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edstreet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty37 View Post
I think it would be interesting to know where in the total range of kits,, low priced kits begin and end. Asking about kits only (not blanks)
Total range of kits to my knowledge runs from pennies to right over $3,000 (that was a quote I got about a month ago, don't ask)

Low priced in that regards makes a $200 kit look low priced.

Second case, the high $ gold nibs on a kit, the nib alone is around $200. The kit total cost is rather up there and not listed on the scale to vote on.
you're way overcomplicating the question. Maybe I shouldn't comment here but maybe this will help.
Curt
CREID is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-04-2015, 08:43 AM   #16 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Milford, Delaware 19963
Posts: 12,822
Photos: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edstreet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty37 View Post
I think it would be interesting to know where in the total range of kits,, low priced kits begin and end. Asking about kits only (not blanks)
Total range of kits to my knowledge runs from pennies to right over $3,000 (that was a quote I got about a month ago, don't ask)

Low priced in that regards makes a $200 kit look low priced.

Second case, the high $ gold nibs on a kit, the nib alone is around $200. The kit total cost is rather up there and not listed on the scale to vote on.
Wrong Ed I am very clearly not asking about the price of kits relative to any hypothetical maximum. I am asking about absolute prices that people consider low priced.
Either you are having trouble reading or you are beginning to make stupid arguments here Ed --I think it is the latter, knock it off.
__________________
Smitty37
Passing from this life is not the end - it's the beginning
.

Last edited by Smitty37; 06-04-2015 at 08:45 AM.
Smitty37 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-04-2015, 09:05 AM   #17 (permalink)
 
edstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: No longer confused....
Photos: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty37 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by edstreet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty37 View Post
I think it would be interesting to know where in the total range of kits,, low priced kits begin and end. Asking about kits only (not blanks)
Total range of kits to my knowledge runs from pennies to right over $3,000 (that was a quote I got about a month ago, don't ask)

Low priced in that regards makes a $200 kit look low priced.

Second case, the high $ gold nibs on a kit, the nib alone is around $200. The kit total cost is rather up there and not listed on the scale to vote on.
Wrong Ed I am very clearly not asking about the price of kits relative to any hypothetical maximum. I am asking about absolute prices that people consider low priced.
Either you are having trouble reading or you are beginning to make stupid arguments here Ed --I think it is the latter, knock it off.
I am having trouble reading here.

Quote:
total range of kits
is what I saw and I do know that details nib upgrades.

Quote:
Relative and need more data to do any polling on this one.
is what I said in the first place.

I am not trying to argue here but have been dragged into one. You have been very defensive for some reason and I am very sorry you are not able to see what I was asking but it was never my intentions or goals to start a flame debate with you.
__________________
Anyone can COPY, it takes a *TRUE ARTIST* to CREATE

-- In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

Design your own Polymer Clay Pen Blanks by Toni, Detailed 'CA' Article
edstreet is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-04-2015, 01:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: West Chester, OH 45069
Photos: 2

Default

It's a simple question folks. In your mind, what do you consider low priced kits.

I'm one of those that considers 0-$6.99 low priced and rarely order any.

Simple answer to a simple question.
__________________
"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor."
Vince Lombardi
bjbear76 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-04-2015, 04:01 PM   #19 (permalink)
Administrator
 
jeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Westlake, OH, USA.
Posts: 7,355
Photos: 58

Default

Folks

1 - Should you feel the need to use words like "dumb", "stupid" , etc., in a post, please reconsider.

2 - I think the question is; regardless of any other relative factors, what do you consider a low priced kit? If you can answer that, click it in!
__________________
Jeff Brown in Westlake, Ohio, USA
Likes: (2)
jeff is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-04-2015, 08:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Milford, Delaware 19963
Posts: 12,822
Photos: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff View Post
Folks

1 - Should you feel the need to use words like "dumb", "stupid" , etc., in a post, please reconsider.

2 - I think the question is; regardless of any other relative factors, what do you consider a low priced kit? If you can answer that, click it in!
You are right I apologize...but if you read the thread, I was pretty patient.
__________________
Smitty37
Passing from this life is not the end - it's the beginning
.
Likes: (1)
Smitty37 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

Content Copyright © 2003-2016 by Penturners.org, LLC; All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Service   Acceptable Use Policy