New Pen Styles

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

drayman

i definately aggree with the click pens/pencils, at the moment they are s££t. i would like to see stainless steel, rhodium, and sterling silver on all kits. oh and proper dimensioned bushings. take care yall.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fritz

More medium to high end pens. I sell a lot off Jr. Gents/Statesman and Jr. Emps. Would like to see more in this direction. The Retro is nice!

John Fritz

redfishsc

Smaller fountain pens and smaller parker-twist pens.

AND PENS THAT DO NOT REQUIRE TURNING A TENON THAT YOU HAVE TO GLUE A CENTER BAND TO. That is just plain stupid.

redfishsc

I know I was the last one to reply to this post, and that was two months ago, but I still would like to reiterate what I would LOVE to have available:

A dependable, smaller style Parker twist pen (ie, smaller than the Americana but does not require turning a tenon)....

And smaller fountain pens that are screwcaps, like smaller versions of the Baron or JR Gent II.

I have a LOT of ladies that want to buy my pens but they tend to think the fountains are too big. And I prefer to sell Parker-style pens over Cross, but there just isn't a good small Parker.

Daniel

I am all for the slim pens getting a work over. pens like the statesman, emperor, and lotus are great. and i would like to see some like ideas go into the smaller size pens.
And Nils, thanks for listening, I know you do. I've seen the results in the catalog.

fafow

How about a pen/pencil combo like the teacher's pen? One end a twist pen and the other a twist pencil? And make it available for a choice between the .5mm and .7mm leads. I got a request for this and am currently looking at taking two Carbera kits and a Schmidt pen cartridge. My concern though is the thickness of the Carbera kit. I would like it to be thinner for a woman's hand.

cdcarter

I like screw caps, but there's not enough middle ground between the hefties (e.g. Gent) and the flimsies (El Grande and to some extent Churchill -- design is ok but threads are too weak).

bradbn4

Provide at least one durable style of plating for each pen. I would like to always see chrome or something as durable, and I hope as expensive(cheap) of a finish.

Add more meat in the wood area - by this, more distance between the the brass fittings and the edge. This way we don't have to paint, or colorize the brass tubes, and should reduce breakage for the "plastic" pens. I think this might be good design consideration also for wood pens too. Common tube size is a must - otherwise it becomes hard to square up the blank for turning.

Also, when the pen is sold, good photo's of the full pen, closeup of the tip, and cap, clip, for each plating. I have ended up getting stuck with some - well, lets say - pens that really look bad because I could not tell 100% what the kit looked like.

Less plastic, more metal parts.

Bradbn4 - having fun in Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom