New Forum??? - Page 4 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Polls, Surveys, and Votes
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Polls, Surveys, and Votes Find out what the penturners of the world really think!

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

View Poll Results: Should we install a separate Bereavement, sickness, and injury Forum
yes 62 57.94%
no 45 42.06%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2015, 12:39 AM   #31 (permalink)
Administrator

Photos: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by edstreet View Post
Then explain why the intense hostility and aggression towards everyone who has a different view point or opinion. Isn't it about doing a poll or is it about political bullying one opinion down everyone's throat? Perhaps there is some other reason, care to share?
People are offering their opinions. I don't see bullying.

Perhaps you should postulate a reason.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:51 AM   #32 (permalink)

Photos: 0

John, there is no need to highlight my postings. I am sorry if I offended you, but, all I was doing was answering your question. You were the one who asked "what can it hurt?", all I was doing was giving you my honest opinion.
Len
Lucky2 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-15-2015, 01:13 AM   #33 (permalink)

Photos: 73

Quote:
John T, you are trying to hard. One would have to think you are getting some type of kickback from this or have a horse in the race.

What in the world are you talking about??? What kickback??? Because I am following up on what a few others have suggested in the past makes me part of a hidden scheme here??? This is not my original suggestion. I was not the one who suggested it to begin with. What part of that do you not understand??? In the thread Just Curious I asked Jeff if there was any new info on things we as the membership talked about recently. As you read it Jeff finally had some time to respond and within this thread he suggested I run a poll if I choose to. He even stated right there that he did not think a change was needed. But that was his opinion and was open to the idea to run a poll and see what the MEMBERSHIP thinks. Not what I think.

Ed for some reason you and a few others here have this notion that I have some kind of plot for world dominance or something here. I am a simple member same as you. I have no stake in this at all. I have left here before and I can do it again. But I will be damned if someone like you is going to run me out. The chip on your shoulder is growing.

As for Len he decided to make things personal and that I do not stand for. I sympathize with him because he has just gone through a tragic past few weeks and maybe he said things he normally does not. I don't know him well enough and do not pretend to read people's minds. I tried to be as respectful to this topic as I could. Why you choose to make something out of nothing is beyond me.

Its a poll for Pete's sake and if you would not have posted to it again it would have fallen off the page as most threads do. Grow up already Ed and stop being childish.
Old 11-15-2015, 03:34 AM   #34 (permalink)

Photos: 224

Don't let him get under your skin John. He just isn't worth it.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:02 AM   #35 (permalink)

Photos: 2

It's called voter intimidation. It's clear as day and I don't understand why it's being allowed.

-- In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

Design your own Polymer Clay Pen Blanks by Toni, Detailed 'CA' Article
edstreet is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-15-2015, 05:55 AM   #36 (permalink)

Photos: 73

Quote:
It's called voter intimidation. It's clear as day and I don't understand why it's being allowed.
Ed you are pathetic. Can you explain to me how the way this vote goes affects me??? Please show me how any polls I put out there have direct effect on me. Do you actually think I get paid for this???? Do you think I get some ranking or something for any thread I partake in??? Do you think there is a prize or something??? Explain to me how I intimidated anyone??? Give me an example. Don't just shoot your mouth off, back it up. You or anyone else here can post their feelings and you can get your posse together and storm the thread.

So you knock me for trying to be active on the site. I read your en cryptic posts all the time. Your underhanded way of mocking people here. If they do not agree with you they are wrong. I see it and so do alot of other people here. Your act is getting old ED. For someone that at times seems to be very intelligent you sure do not act it. I do not believe I have to defend a simple little yes or no poll and my actions.

Have a good day. Will be gone for the day so gives you plenty of time to show examples.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:34 PM   #37 (permalink)
IAP Activities Manager
Emeritus

Photos: 131

Quote:
Then explain why the intense hostility and aggression towards everyone who has a different view point or opinion.
This from Ed Street? Too Funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jttheclockman View Post

I read your en cryptic posts all the time. Your underhanded way of mocking people here. If they do not agree with you they are wrong. I see it and so do alot of other people here. Your act is getting old ED.
Amen!

I've seen first hand the length that Jeff goes to provide a quality Internet site and to be responsive to the member's desires. John asked a VERY simple question. Why do some people ALWAYS have to make EVERYTHING so ridiculously controversial? Thanks for posting this John, and thanks for your genuine desire to offer suggestions to keep the IAP fresh and dynamic. Not every suggestion can be implemented but there is no reason why any legitimate suggestion should not be made.
Comfort Inn & Suites
5 Park Center Drive
Wadsworth, OH
Like the Midwest Penturners Gathering Facebook Page for all current information!
mbroberg is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-15-2015, 04:28 PM   #38 (permalink)
Administrator

Photos: 58

Quote:
People are expressing their opinion. I think our members are savvy enough to read all the posts and make an informed decision.

"Voter intimidation"? Come on. Intimidation only works when there's some gain or loss to the voter for voting one way or the other. I can't imagine that someone's enjoyment of the site hinges on the existence or non-existence of a bereavement forum.
Logged on members can hide ads