New Forum??? - Page 3 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members
 
Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Polls, Surveys, and Votes
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Polls, Surveys, and Votes Find out what the penturners of the world really think!


Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

View Poll Results: Should we install a separate Bereavement, sickness, and injury Forum
yes 62 57.94%
no 45 42.06%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2015, 07:42 AM   #21 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Buchanan,Georgia USA
Posts: 3,310
Photos: 262

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalecamino View Post
Curt...can you tell me where you find "todays posts"? Are you referring to "Recent Threads" on the front page? Not being a smarty...just don't know if I'm missing something. (as has happened more than once)
Chuck when i open IAP it is on the home page at home pa`age the bar has a (Quick Links) click there and it has a place for( Todays Posts).

I`m no computer guru but that`s where I go every time I get on.
__________________


Perry Bridges
Buchanan,Georgia
www.perryspens.com
Some folk have something to say,others have to say something.
papaturner is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-13-2015, 08:07 AM   #22 (permalink)
 
jttheclockman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NJ, USA.
Photos: 73

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edstreet View Post
Very interesting and cleaver way to hijack a thread. I do have to ask with all the traps in this thread why do you think anyone would want to post a no reason. In the sake of fairness and equality there is none. I am not trying to be negative or cause grief but I am pointing out a very obvious problem that should have been addressed earlier in the thread but was ignored.

ED, why is it that you always talk in rhymes and riddles and you need a decoder ring to decipher what you are saying??? Why not just say what it is that you want us mere mortals to understand. Many of us do not own one of those rings. It would be helpful.
__________________
John T.
Likes: (1)
jttheclockman is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-13-2015, 08:40 AM   #23 (permalink)
ELA
 
ELA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Dothan, Alabama
Posts: 124
Photos: 0

Default

I like the name "Life Events" because it would include marriages, births, new job, a move, or other things besides deaths, injuries, illnesses, etc.
__________________
Larry

Join World Community Grid and use your computer's idle time to aid research projects.

World Community Grid is sponsored by IBM.
Likes: (1)
ELA is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 11-13-2015, 11:06 PM   #24 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Brunswick/ Canada
Posts: 655
Photos: 0

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELA View Post
I like the name "Life Events" because it would include marriages, births, new job, a move, or other things besides deaths, injuries, illnesses, etc.


Larry, if this is what you think the new forum should cover, please tell me what would the casual conversations forum be used for?
Len

Last edited by Lucky2; 11-13-2015 at 11:07 PM.
Lucky2 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-13-2015, 11:21 PM   #25 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Brunswick/ Canada
Posts: 655
Photos: 0

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jttheclockman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky2 View Post
I had a sister drop dead two weeks ago, she was only 52 and as healthy as anyone ever was. I didn't post any notice of her passing on here, simply because, when I come here checking into how many postings people might have made would just remind me of her passing. And that's not what I come to this place for, I come here to help me forget not remember. Personally, I think that there are enough forums on this site, and, I don't understand why people are always trying to get new ones set up. Casual conversations is a perfect place for bereavement notices, any and all that I've noticed in CC get a good amount of respectable responses. I don't think that a separate forum would get, any or many more. I know that I won't be visiting any forum, that is just for death and sickness postings. I think it would be a bit morbid, plus, what a mood changer. If we keep wanting new forums all of the time, the site will soon be broken up into so many sections that people will lose interest. And no I'm not bashing this idea because of who brought up the subject, I'm just stating what I think. I voted against the idea, simply because I don't think we need the change. But, I would like to know why it's usually the same people who always seem to want new forums?
Len

Hello Len

I will address your last statement because I remember you did not like my last proposal of the hall of fame forum too. I get it that you do not think any change is needed and you stated it fine but I think there might need to be. This entire site has grown in leaps and bounds over the many years it has existed thanks to the hard work of its founders and also the membership. Without a membership there is no forum. Within that growing spurt there have been many changes. Some came with little resistance but some came with much. But over time things settle down and it is proven to be well worth the efforts. The product you are looking at now will definitely not be the finished product by any means. You will never know if an idea is good or bad if you do not try. I am trying. Knock me all you want for it but I will continue to try. All this is is a poll and if not accepted I am willing to accept the wishes of the many. Nothing lost and nothing gained.

Could you imagine what the penturning hobby would look like if no changes were ever made?? Happy turning.
No John, you are wrong! I have nothing against change, as long as I think that a change is necessary. In this and in the previous posting that you mentioned, I voted against the change that was requested, simply because I disagreed with the changes needing to be made. As to your mention of penturning, these changes your proposing have nothing to do with it. Respectfully;
Len
Lucky2 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-13-2015, 11:32 PM   #26 (permalink)
 
jttheclockman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NJ, USA.
Photos: 73

Default

Len

As I said again you are entitled to your opinion and that is fine but so am I and that is all this is. What you think of me or my ideas is your business. But to call me out on it is childish. State your opinion and you gave a reason. Fine. This question has been brought up before by a few different people and I asked if anything was resolved with it and Jeff asked me to run a poll which is what I did.

This is not needed.

John, it could hurt the site by losing members because of this ongoing foolishness. Why is it, that you are always the one that is seeking these changes? Personally, I think the site works fine as it is. Have you ever heard the saying, If it ain't broke, don't fix it or you could render it useless? That's how I feel about the AIP, it works fine as it is, so, leave it alone.
__________________
John T.

Last edited by jttheclockman; 11-14-2015 at 12:04 AM.
jttheclockman is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-14-2015, 12:48 PM   #27 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wolford, North Dakota 58385
Posts: 586
Photos: 1

Default

Wow! Opinions and more. I have voted and appreciate the fact that John put this idea up for a vote and didn't just do his own thing because he could. Some act as if he is doing something... (fill in the blank for whatever you think). As I see it he is only asking our opinion and that is what several have suggested be done. Yes I voted - I have an opinion but I will still be happy with the IAP web-site regardless of the outcome. Have a good day pen turning friends and keep smiling.
hubert is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-14-2015, 11:17 PM   #28 (permalink)
 
edstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: No longer confused....
Photos: 2

Default

John T, you are trying to hard. One would have to think you are getting some type of kickback from this or have a horse in the race.
__________________
Anyone can COPY, it takes a *TRUE ARTIST* to CREATE

-- In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

Design your own Polymer Clay Pen Blanks by Toni, Detailed 'CA' Article
edstreet is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-14-2015, 11:59 PM   #29 (permalink)
Administrator
 
jeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Westlake, OH, USA.
Posts: 7,352
Photos: 58

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edstreet View Post
John T, you are trying to hard. One would have to think you are getting some type of kickback from this or have a horse in the race.
What sort of kickback would he be getting?
What benefit could he possibly get from suggesting a new forum?

Awaiting your response.
__________________
Jeff Brown in Westlake, Ohio, USA
jeff is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-15-2015, 12:28 AM   #30 (permalink)
 
edstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: No longer confused....
Photos: 2

Default

Then explain why the intense hostility and aggression towards everyone who has a different view point or opinion. Isn't it about doing a poll or is it about political bullying one opinion down everyone's throat? Perhaps there is some other reason, care to share?
__________________
Anyone can COPY, it takes a *TRUE ARTIST* to CREATE

-- In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

Design your own Polymer Clay Pen Blanks by Toni, Detailed 'CA' Article
edstreet is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

Content Copyright © 2003-2016 by Penturners.org, LLC; All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Service   Acceptable Use Policy