New Forum??? - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Polls, Surveys, and Votes
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Polls, Surveys, and Votes Find out what the penturners of the world really think!

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

View Poll Results: Should we install a separate Bereavement, sickness, and injury Forum
yes 62 57.94%
no 45 42.06%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2015, 10:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 73

Default New Forum???

This is one of those topics that we all do not look forward to reading and that is Bereavement and also injuries and sickness. Many people here choose to not disclose such happenings and that is very much understood and accepted. There are those that choose to share their grief and pains with the membership because they feel that we are part of their family and this too is understood and accepted. These are all private matters and are dealt with individually.

What this post is about a discussion that has come up a couple times before and I looked but could not find the exact threads but there are a few. I brought this up to Jeff a few months ago and he has found some time to review a few points in that thread and one of them was this point and he suggested taking a poll. What happens when a loved one passes on or even when a person gets sick and is hospitalized or just injured the thread gets posted in the Casual conversation forum. This is fine but what happens many times is the forum gets very busy and threads sink to the bottom of the page or pages very quickly and these type posts can get lost.

So I will post a simple poll to see if there is enough interest in having a separate forum for Bereavements, sickness, and or injuries. It would be taken out of the Casual Conversation Forum. If you care to also voice your opinion yes or no that is fine too.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 0

May I suggest that the forum be titled "Life Events" or something to that affect. Open for any life events that may be going on, whether good, bad, or other.
iMattDaddy is online now   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-10-2015, 11:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

The poll will be open for 30 days and the title can be decided some way if need be. If turned down then all is moot.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:05 AM   #4 (permalink)

Photos: 224

John, I suggested this a while back, but it kind of fell on deaf ears...
More formal forum needed, perhaps?
Old 11-11-2015, 02:59 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiprat View Post
John, I suggested this a while back, but it kind of fell on deaf ears...
More formal forum needed, perhaps?

Skip thanks for that link. I looked for some but came up empty. I do remember that and I also remember it was brought up again not long ago. I just think it is something that can be of value. Now my record here with polls and new forums is not a good one so will see. Can't hurt to put it to a vote.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:43 AM   #6 (permalink)

Photos: 25

Sounds like a good idea to me, though I also like changing the name to "life events" or something like. Thanks for taking the initiative here, John.
ELA
Katya is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-11-2015, 08:09 AM   #7 (permalink)

Photos: 4

I voted no, because feel folks have been sharing information like this with us already in Casual Conversation thread for years. Seems to work just fine.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

Photos: 224

John, I hope your poll goes the right way.

Folks, please don't vote against this unless you have a reason more meaningful than you don't like change or you dont like John or any other stupid reason.

Ok, it's a little bit of coding for Jeff, but we support him coz he supports us.

Think of it this way.....If YOU were in the situation where you needed to get a little comfort or a prayer from your mates because of a difficult part of what life throws at us, wouldn't you rather it be in a slightly more respectful environment than 'Casual' conversation.....?

There is a flip side too......

When you log in here and see a bereavement or a prayer request in the CC forum, do you feel ok or comfortable even, by replying to a different thread in CC ???
A few years ago, I shared the loss of my Mom. I got lots of condolences from my good friends here. But I also felt that i was spoiling the party atmosphere that was going on in the CC forum.

Vote with your heart now.....you can be a hard arse later.

Old 11-12-2015, 06:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Administrator

Photos: 58

Quote:

Folks, please don't vote against this unless you have a reason more meaningful than you don't like change or you dont like John or any other stupid reason.

Ok, it's a little bit of coding for Jeff, but we support him coz he supports us.

Think of it this way.....If YOU were in the situation where you needed to get a little comfort or a prayer from your mates because of a difficult part of what life throws at us, wouldn't you rather it be in a slightly more respectful environment than 'Casual' conversation.....?

When you log in here and see a bereavement or a prayer request in the CC forum, do you feel ok or comfortable even, by replying to a different thread in CC ???
A few years ago, I shared the loss of my Mom. I got lots of condolences from my good friends here. But I also felt that i was spoiling the party atmosphere that was going on in the CC forum.

That's an interesting take on it. I didn't think about the "respectfulness" of where the post is made. But I do see the strangeness of a sad news thread next to a happy thread. Then again, that's like real life - happy and sad all mixed up.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:56 PM   #10 (permalink)

Photos: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff View Post
Quote:

That's an interesting take on it. I didn't think about the "respectfulness" of where the post is made. But I do see the strangeness of a sad news thread next to a happy thread. Then again, that's like real life - happy and sad all mixed up.
I don't know what everyone else does, but I go to the IAP website and click on today's post and get all the new posts in all the categories. So I would see it no matter what category you put it in. Myself, I don't even look at categories to see what I want to read, since they are all there, I just look at the title and decide if it is something I want to read. I guess it just wouldn't make any difference to me. Not sure if I even made clear what I was trying to say.

Curt
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads