Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

What would you like to see a demo on?

• Etching Aluminium & Brass

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • Anodising Aluminium

Votes: 21 46.7%

• Total voters

BradG

Ok chaps, my wife and I have talked it over and we're coming over for the MAPG :biggrin:

What would you like a demo on? :)

*Etching Aluminium / Copper alloys

or

*Anodising Aluminium / Titanium

Can't really do a demo on the plating due to the fumes they give off without a fume cabinet or extraction hood.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hard hat

personally, anodising (anodizing here ;) ), I think it would appeal to more people and especially myself. you've got me all excited now

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
This is good news Brad. Sorry, it's going to be out of my range but, hopefully there will be photos or, maybe a video.

BradG

Its a shame its too far Chuck, would of been good to chat in person :)

Jonathon you need to go so i can soak up all your casting secrets lol

Edice, steak wins every time :biggrin:

Jeff, will be good to see you :cool:

edstreet

I can't take the poll as the choice I would make is not listed. That would be C) BOTH. Reason is you are traveling a good distance and may as well book you for both and make it more economical.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I can just imagine the scene.....:)

Customs official......'What is the purpose of your visit to USA?'

Brad, while wearing white lab coat and head torch...'Hey dude, I'm gonna show a bunch of guys how to mix some acids and other chems...'

Customs official.....'Guards!!!!!! Take him down!!!!'

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Brad, after just looking at Bruce's thread, I may be able to make that trip. Since it's not until May. I thought it was sooner and, conflict with our move back to Indy. We shall see :biggrin: Therefore, I will register my vote.

BradG

You do indeed Roy!

Steve don't even go there lol. Customs have a habit of stopping me for some reason. shoes and belt, to dismantling my laptop to make sure nothing was hidden in it. Id like to think i don't look THAT dodgy.. but C'est la vié

Chuck, great news!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Brad, no need to try bringing the chemicals. That's available locally. I may even bring mine. Just make up some of those cool patterns. :biggrin:

This is assuming the etching demo will prevail in the pole.

edstreet

You do indeed Roy!

Steve don't even go there lol. Customs have a habit of stopping me for some reason. shoes and belt, to dismantling my laptop to make sure nothing was hidden in it. Id like to think i don't look THAT dodgy.. but C'est la vié

Chuck, great news!

Most often they pick those who they feel are easy targets and who will complain the least. The shoes and belts among most all other 'security' measures is nothing more than a museum trip and is not real security by no stretch of the imagination.

BradG

Brad, no need to try bringing the chemicals. That's available locally. I may even bring mine. Just make up some of those cool patterns. :biggrin:

This is assuming the etching demo will prevail in the pole.

Hi Chuck,
Chems and equipment have been arranged so no worries there :wink:

BradG

Thanks to all who've posted or voted

I will be demonstrating exothermic etching of aluminium, and anodising aluminium

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks to all who've posted or voted

I will be demonstrating exothermic etching of aluminium, and anodising aluminium

And, I'm trying to come up with a good lead in demo on making a kitless aluminum pen. Goal is to be able to do this on any lathe with common tools. Have a few prototypes in the works!

Top Bottom