Local chapter logos

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Should we adopt this form as the standard for IAP Local Chapter logos?

• Yes

Votes: 51 91.1%
  • No

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • I have an alternative look to propose in a post below

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mick

I like it! I'm assuming .....and hoping that ALL chapters adopt the same logo, with individual chapter location in the scrollwork below.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
I'd like to have a bit more time spent on the ribbon so you can see the curves in the bend. And we should have it a fixed width (maybe so the points of the ribbon are lined up with the end of the text) so that all that people with longer chapter names don't have issues getting their names to fit.

Otherwise, I like it.
GK

Randy_

Lou: Looks very good to me; but I am assuming the intent is to use the existing IAP logo with the blue color and shading and just add the banner with the chapter ID??

I'd like to have a bit more time spent on the ribbon so you can see the curves in the bend......

Good point, Greg!

.....And we should have it a fixed width (maybe so the points of the ribbon are lined up with the end of the text) so that all that people with longer chapter names don't have issues getting their names to fit.

I think Greg meant to say "length" and it certainly is something to think about. I'd like to see a sample made up both ways. My gut feeling is that a longer banner might overwhelm the emblem. Maybe the word "chapter" could be omitted and just the region be used??

Last edited:

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Those of you who 1) have a suggestion for a modification, 2) know how to work with Illustrator or .eps files, and 3) are not color blind should feel free to contact Dennis through the forum email. Dennis is my point-person for this.

dennisg

logo

I'm in the screen printing business and wanted to make our chapter some polo shirts for our meetings. I was unable to copy the IAP logo from our site as it is way to small and it's a jpg.
I need vector art work for my process. The logo was redrawn in corel draw. What you see is all that is needed for screen printing. You could put any color ink on the garmet you like. The graduated screen beginning at the bottom of our the logo was left out because I'm not good enought to reproduce it. It also makes it much more difficult to print in a small size.
I sent it in to Lou for approval and he liked the idea. That's how it got this far.
I have no idea how the rest of you guys want to use the logo. I'm not opposed to you making any changes you like. I'm lead to believe that we need to keep it uniform. I told Lou that if needed I could add the chapter names when requested by the folks who didn't know how.
So far I've only had one response from the NE Florida Chapter, so the whole thing may have been a waste of time. If you have any questions, please let me know. dennis

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I'm in the screen printing business and wanted to make our chapter some polo shirts for our meetings. I was unable to copy the IAP logo from our site as it is way to small and it's a jpg.
I need vector art work for my process. The logo was redrawn in corel draw. What you see is all that is needed for screen printing. You could put any color ink on the garmet you like. The graduated screen beginning at the bottom of our the logo was left out because I'm not good enought to reproduce it. It also makes it much more difficult to print in a small size.
I sent it in to Lou for approval and he liked the idea. That's how it got this far.
I have no idea how the rest of you guys want to use the logo. I'm not opposed to you making any changes you like. I'm lead to believe that we need to keep it uniform. I told Lou that if needed I could add the chapter names when requested by the folks who didn't know how.
So far I've only had one response from the NE Florida Chapter, so the whole thing may have been a waste of time. If you have any questions, please let me know. dennis

Dennis,

Don't despair so quickly!!!

Jeff likes it (see above) and really that's all that matters. (I like it, too tho')

So far, there is no big rush for "stuff". I have a few designs for a "membership card" which will, of necessity I think, utilize the local logo, but so far, no meetings, no need for cards. Things WILL develop and I am sure Lou has a plan for releasing all the " support materials" as meetings start to happen and the clamor loudens.

Thanks for taking the time. I will be sending you an e-mail, hoping to get a .cdr file.

Thanks

wood-of-1kind

While I like the logo (sort of). I would like to see a PEN incorporated in the "world". Have not given it much thought until you asked but the graphics can be done with a little more ooooooomph. May come up with something with a little more time and thought.

jleiwig

I dig it. If Jeff has hi-res .eps versions of the original logo I might be able to work with it, and possibly convert it an embroidery file as well. Still learning the digitizing program so no guarantees on it.

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Basically I like it. It would be interesting to see the local chapter name in a straight bar as opposed to the curve of the emblem (just for comparison sakes). I like the whole idea of a local version of the logo so I voted for it!

edit for another idea: Picking up on the idea of a pen being incorporated into the logo design could the "I" of IAP be a pen and still look like IAP? Just thinkin out loud!

Last edited:

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
For what it's worth, I am not trying to re-design the IAP logo. I'm just interested in having the local chapter look be standardized. I have hi-res .jpg, .eps and .gif files if anyone want to try their hand at this. Contact me through the forum email.

VisExp

Dennis I must have missed your first post. My apologies. I think the logo looks great! Definitly not a waste of your time. It would be very cool to have that on some shirts.

RMB

How about incorporating a fountain pen nib? The international aspect is symbolized by the globe, but there isn't much about the design that pertains to pens.

Once we arrive at a design, I'll get a patch made to put on my motorcycle jacket.... Pull up to some HAs sportin that.... with my little yellow suzuki.... Even I'm laughing at me.

titan2

I would think that 'International' should be the same size font as the lettering on the bottom....'Association of Pennturners'. It looks larger and 'Bold'. Other than that.........I think it's pretty cool!

Texatdurango

Attachments

• iap logo n-texas-160.jpg
    iap logo n-texas-160.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 150

Texatdurango

I would think that 'International' should be the same size font as the lettering on the bottom....'Association of Pennturners'. It looks larger and 'Bold'. Other than that.........I think it's pretty cool!
If the bottom text was as large as the top, it would wrap all around the globe... not a pretty sight.:frown:

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Dennis, that's really a great looking logo! And I understand the reason line 2 has smaller print than line 1 and larger thatn "line 3."

Once it's put on a shirt, will the logo be "pocket size" or "across the shirt" size?

IMHO - Either way, the chapter name will "read" just fine even adjusted into whatever chapter name it is.

Cathy Sue

dennisg

Cathy Sue, I just spotted your message. I printed our chapter as few golf shirts with pockets. The logo was printed above the pocket. The logo can be made any size you need. I thougth we needed a pocket to carry our pens and that's the reason I never considered a large design. The logo is readable in the size I used. hth, dennis

Top Bottom