lathe brands

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lathe brands

• Total voters

SamThePenMan

I originally learned on JET and Delta mini lathes. When I knew I was hooked I bought the PSI TurnCrafter Plus. It's been going for years now and almost no problems. First problem was my fault, I was turning something with a roughing gouge, it caught and skipped into the 4jaw chuck, slamming the tool down on to the far end of the larger tool rest it came with, snapping off the tool support from the post. Second problem was the original set screw for the extension of the tail stock. Recently though the roll pin that keeps the handle for the cam lock on the tail stock falls out every now and then. I actually took my soldiering iron to it (not a welder, some people get those two things mixed up) and put several drops of soldier where the roll pin goes and it seems to be working so far, though I haven't been turning much lately.

Eventually I want to upgrade to the JET Vs (1014IVS), or if I'm going to go for a full size lathe, either powermatic, or the NOVA DVR XP. Thos that have a NOVA how do you like it?

Top Bottom